Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Can I Use 1 Site To Promote Multiple Affiliate Products?

bevonaustin79
Trust:

Can I Use 1 Site To Promote Multiple Affiliate Products?

Can i use only one website to promote my affiliate products are do i need multiple websites for each products?
For example: If am promoting a 'Dog Training Product' do i need to create a website for that product alone are can i add it to one main site? please leave an opinion. Thank you!.
daljeet.kaur
Trust:
No, you don't need to create any extra website for that, you just simply make categories of different things and add products in those categories. According to that you can promote your products on social media , discussions, using word of mouth and content marketing.
marketsearch
Trust:
Depends on what you want to use for traffic! If your thinking of going after SEO or organic search traffic Id be careful about setting up subdomains in different markets. For example is you mainly want to promote "dog beds" on your domain I would not set up a sub domain and promote "rocking chairs for the elderly" on it if I wanted to try and rank my first website.
Traffic is the lifeblood of your online business. If you can't get a lot of targeted traffic your DOOMED! All the traffic you can handle below => http://teamroughdog.info

bevonaustin79
Trust:
:-) Thanks for your help guys. am doing SEO marketing and am wondering if we can target multiple keywords for a single page
eg. stop cats scratching "is my main keyword"
stop cat scratching
stop cat from scratching
Thank you!
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Those are all the same keyword, for all intents and purposes. Yes, target them from the same page.

For your first question: We recommend that you create a website around a TOPIC (eg, cat training), and then you can recommend multiple products on that website. On your cat scratching page you might know of an affiliate product that has a good chapter on cat scratching, so you'd recommend it there.

You might have a "stop cat puking on the carpet" article, and there might be a different product that has a handy section on cat puke prevention. You can recommend that product on this page.

You could have individual reviews for each product: One product reviewed on each page.

You could have a page where you compare all the different products, listing their strengths and weaknesses. Multiple products on one page.

Lots of products on the one website. Don't create subdomains, there is no reason, and it'll hurt your SEO.

The only time you would NOT want to promote multiple products on the same site is if they are completely unrelated to your topic. Do not promote "how to get a girlfriend" eBooks on your cat training website.

(Well... unless you figure that your audience is a bunch of sad men who would be better off with a girlfriend rather than a cat who pukes on the carpet. ;)
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

bevonaustin79
Trust:
:-) Thank! say i come up with a domain name say some thing like "mitbit.com" that's not targeting any specific keyword or category and i decide to categorize it by having a Dating, Pets, Music, Books etc category. Is that a bad idea? should i just target one keyword and add related products to it are so....?
Thanks!
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
We usually recommend that you just focus on one niche per website.

Dating = 1 website
Pets = 1 website

This is easier for building your brand (your site is a "dating advice" website, not a "OMG EVERYTHING" website), and I expect makes it better for SEO as well.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

brad9
Trust:
I'd recommend one type of site for one type of product. I'd sure hate to go to a website that was trying to sell me a lot of unrelated things in one place. It would also make it difficult for the user to find you because you couldn't possibly come up with keywords to match all of the different topics. Think about how you browse & how you purchase from sites. Visit other sites & look at them from a creator's perspective & see how they're laid out/who they're aimed at, etc. It should give you some good ideas to spring from for your own. Above all, research, research ,research...
B]Check Out Our Software Affiliate Program at Boost Affiliates
Now offering $150 bonuses for first 5 sales.
Up to 90% in commissions, Low refund rate (below 5%), chargeback rate at .5%.
http://bit.ly/1j56o5G

williamsfiona80
Trust:
Totally agree, 1 niche per website is the best way to go. This way you also get credits for Google Authorship which is also a factor to be considered in SEO.
"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure."
http://projectmanagementhub.net/

packardsking
Trust:
bevonaustin79 wrote::-) Thank! say i come up with a domain name say some thing like "mitbit.com" that's not targeting any specific keyword or category and i decide to categorize it by having a Dating, Pets, Music, Books etc category. Is that a bad idea? should i just target one keyword and add related products to it are so....?
Thanks!

I think its not totally a bad idea.. think of the category of people who would be interested in all your products.. relate them and find a category which relate with them... for ex: Music, Books, Pet training can come under "hobby" category.. So can introduce ur site to ppl looking for free time hobbies. Well this as jus an ex.. u can come up with ur own idea like this...
Top Webhosting services and All about hosting
http://www.topwebhostings.info/

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
You can promote multiple products on 1 website, granted that they are all related to your niche. If your site is about weight loss, then the products you're promoting should be for weight loss.

If your niche is a broad one, like weight loss, pick a specific sub-niche so that you don't get confused or distracted. There are plenty o sub-niches in the weight loss niche like diet plans (paleo diet, gluten-free, etc), natural weight loss (organic supplements and the like), fat-burners (fatburning furnace, yummymummy), etc.

Picking a specific sub-niche helps you zero in on the exact products you'll promote on your site. Products that are on the same niche usually target the same keywords so it would be easier for you to build your keyword list.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

j2775
Trust:
I'm pretty new to this and I have a pretty good hosting for less than 4 bucks per month with unlimited sub-domains, etc. I should probably move up to unlimited domains instead. After reading through this I realize that putting up sub domains for the different niches on one domain is not the way to go. I was thinking about using re-directs to get around the fact that the main domain is always showing in the address bar. I found a place where I can register domain names free for one year and re-direct them to my hosted sites/sub-domains and in the address bar it only shows the name that gives the re-direct, not the full http://my sub-domain.my domain/blog or whatever, instead it shows just the name of the re-direct source. I thought that would work and save me money but the ranking is going to be on the main hosted domain?
kitty moby
Trust:
I think one type of site for one type of product is better. That will make the site clean and tidy~~~and more audiences will be attracted.
www.ALMOBI.com=Mobile CPA Network
Weekly Payment+Top Mobile Offers/Best Payout

This topic was started on Mar 13, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.