Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Can I redo a site?

swarlley
Trust:

Can I redo a site?

Hey guys,

I made an affiliate site almost a year ago and it started off doing well. I was ranking on the first page for most of my keywords, was building a list and even made a few sales.

Unfortunately, I screwed things up with backlinking. I built tons of backlinks all with exact anchor text. I used Fiverr gigs that I shouldn't have.

Now, I don't think I can fix this damage. I was wanting to just redo the site entirely under a fresh domain name.

Is there a way that I can remove the articles from Google's indexing so I can reuse them on a different site without having a duplicate content penalty or will I have to rewrite them all?

Thanks guys,
Chris
toprecruit
Trust:
Hi Chris,

You can apply for your website to be deindexed in the Google Webmaster tool and then reuse your articles without having to rewrite them.

Or you simply delete all the content on your website and Google will automatically do the rest after a few weeks. When your site gets crawled but the bots wont find anything, they will deindex the posts/pages were the content originally was.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Sebastian
Liked my answer? Dont forget to vote thumbs up ;)

swarlley
Trust:
Excellent. I appreciate the information Sebastian!
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Couldn't you use a "spin" tool (such as that available here to premium members) to make fresh versions of all your articles - so as to avoid duplicate content issues?

Might be wise to do that in any case, just to be safe.

_jim coe
swarlley
Trust:
Hey Jim,
Thank for the idea. I considered spinning them as well but wasn't sure if it was necessary to spin them or if Google would consider them 'original ' without having to rewrite or spin them.

I use my spun articles for backlinks as well so I feel better knowing my originals are truly original.

The Google webmasters tool had an option to be reconsidered. I did this on my site and am curious to see if I have some rankings restored. If not, I will go ahead and begin again under a fresh domain name.

Anyone have other ideas for options at this point?

Thanks,
Chris

This topic was started on Jul 02, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.