Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Can I post a website on here for us to analyze?

jaydebaca
Trust:

Can I post a website on here for us to analyze?

Ok, I am a self professed newbee and dummy... but am so excited about all the new stuff we can do! Ok, Jay- take a breath... I just start viewing more of Marks video's and my mind is racing with excitement. Prior to this, I was carrying Mark's printed PDFs, as I am on the road 80% of the time.

Video: I just ran into a beautiful website! It has all the catchy elements! I would like to do it... Now, since I am so new, I am not sure if I can post that website... no its not a spam, or check this out website... its a public website that I just think is cool!

I also looked at Marks grab page again and was happy to Adrian and Sean! It just seems more like a family, and is building lots of trust!

Let me know if I can post this website on here to analyse. Jay - Hey: Its sunny today! My kids' snow half-pipes are melting!! 8)
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Post away Jay - let's see this site you want to "model" after.

Adrian,
jaydebaca
Trust:
adrian wrote:Post away Jay - let's see this site you want to "model" after.

Adrian,

Thanks Adrian. (URL removed as it no longer exists)

See his nifty sales pitch! How was that done?

Of course, there is a lot I have to do to even get to your level, but I find it intriguing on what else we can do in order to stay on top of this fast moving virtual world!

Adrian: I may have said it... but my son, Jeren also reads this forum. He is 16 and is modeling himself around you... Both of you have your heads on so strong, that at times I feel really old.

Thanks for all of your hard work and great examples! BTW, are your sites in this forum somewhere? 8)
Last edited by ampie g on 27 Jan 10 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken link removed

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
jaydebaca wrote:

Adrian,

Of course, there is a lot I have to do to even get to your level, but I find it intriguing on what else we can do in order to stay on top of this fast moving virtual world!

Adrian: I may have said it... but my son, Jeren also reads this forum. He is 16 and is modeling himself around you... Both of you have your heads on so strong, that at times I feel really old.

Thanks for all of your hard work and great examples! BTW, are your sites in this forum somewhere? 8)

What aspect of his sales pitch are you asking about? The video done in flash?

Because as for "on page" optimization the page is not done well in terms of actual site content....... but you can always add the video part to make a sales pitch.

My sites are secret :D

Adrian,
Last edited by ampie g on 27 Jan 10 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

jaydebaca
Trust:
adrian wrote:
jaydebaca wrote:

Adrian,

Because as for "on page" optimization the page is not done well in terms of actual site content....... but you can always add the video part to make a sales pitch.

Adrian,

Yes, the nice flash video presentation. Smooth and downloads with ease! What kind of flash video software do you think he was using? Also have you used Swish? Someday I hope to see your secrets! But I understand just the same!
Last edited by ampie g on 27 Jan 10 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
jaydebaca wrote:
adrian wrote:
jaydebaca wrote:Post away Jay - let's see this site you want to "model" after.

Adrian,

Adrian,

Yes, the nice flash video presentation. Smooth and downloads with ease! What kind of flash video software do you think he was using? Also have you used Swish? Someday I hope to see your secrets! But I understand just the same![/quote]

He was using http://playstream.com/

You can see it in the status bar of the browser as it is playing.

Adrian,
jaydebaca
Trust:
Thanks Adrian. And for the life of me, I gotta find my status bar now that I have upgraded to IE7. I forgot all about that! This new platform has made some changes for Vista and looks sharper. Speaking of which... How is Vista going to change what we do? Maybe that will be a new thread for a new day! I like your updated avatar!
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
jaydebaca wrote:Thanks Adrian. And for the life of me, I gotta find my status bar now that I have upgraded to IE7. I forgot all about that! This new platform has made some changes for Vista and looks sharper. Speaking of which... How is Vista going to change what we do? Maybe that will be a new thread for a new day! I like your updated avatar!

I'm not sure what Vista is going to do. I don't have it yet although I plan to switch to it in the fall with my new laptop.... :D

Time will tell....

I'm sure it won't do anything really to the "web"... it will have a more 3D interface for the Windows OS.

Adrian,