Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Can I configure CJ affiliate links like Clickbank links?

nates450r
Trust:

Can I configure CJ affiliate links like Clickbank links?

I am starting a website that sells phyical products
i have only been doing clickbank products so far.

with one of my cb products i am able to send traffic to any merchant page i want using a universel URL like this:
MERCHANT ID.com/go.php?offer=AFFILIATE ID&u=

then all i need to do is add the URL after the = of the page i want the traffic to go to like this
MERCHANT WEBSITE.com/PRODUCT #1
MERCHANT WEBSITE.com/SUCCESS STORIES
MERCHANT WEBSITE.com/BUY BASIC
MERCHANT WEBSITE.com/BUY DELUXE
MERCHANT WEBSITE.com/BUY ULTIMATE................etc etc

i like this because i am able to direct link to pages i want the traffic to see and want to know if i could use the same technique when i promote cj products?
or can i only promote the the products that the merchant has listed on cj?
Last edited by ampie g on 21 Jan 10 2:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: removed http as URL only used for illustration & not actual links

faradina
Trust:
Commission Junction works differently from Clickbank. The former has specific link codes for specific products and specific link types, as well as for specific promotions. The linking techniques that you use with Clickbank do not apply to CJ.
nates450r
Trust:
ok, thanks
i think it sure would be nice though to be able to promote any given product on a website.

This topic was started on Oct 26, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.