Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Buying expiried domains over new domains?

wenching
Trust:

Buying expiried domains over new domains?

Hi everyone,

Is it wiser to buy expired domains like 2 - 3 years old than getting new domains?

If i do buy expired domains, how do i know whether that domain is blacklisted by google or something? Can i check the history of the domains from somewhere?

Any help? Thanks :)
vqaa
Trust:
One way is to search google
site:www.domain.com
If it doesnt show then its probably been deindexed as it is an older site

Good Expired domains are usually better if you can get one relevant to your niche
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
rather than going for ones that are expired, I like looking at ones that are about to expire and that people are trying to sell. I go to Godaddy auctions and the Namechep marketplace to find them. I picked up a PR2, 5 year old domain for $7.00 that way about a year ago and used it for one of my ajp sites.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

wenching
Trust:
Thanks everyone :) So no matter what, old domains are better than new domains :)
evilla.drazen
Trust:
Here's a link which might help you to get a better idea as to whether to buy expired domains or new domains.

Here is also a link to help you check the history of a certain domain name.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
An aged domain will do better when it comes to getting PageRank so it will have SEO benefit. And it's already indexed. Using aged domains also avoids the Google sandbox :)

You could find some domains in the following:

Sedo.

FreshDrop

SnapNames

Digital Point Forum

The information on these threads might also be helpful:
Where to buy aged or old domains
Where To Buy Old Aged Registered Domain Names For Cheap
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

This topic was started on Aug 31, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.