Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Branding yourself as an expert in different niches

nates450r
Trust:

Branding yourself as an expert in different niches

Can someone further explain this for me?

lets say all your affiliate sites are all in the dog traing industry, so if you wanted to you could brand yourself as an expert on all your websites in your (about me page) because that's all your sites are about

then you decide to get into a different niche and so on what do you do to brand yourself or give your website creditability
i have heard about using pen names. what do you guys do???
jpastorizo
Trust:
nates,

Superaffiliates use pen names. Just like Mark uses Brian Benson in his WoW Site. The only thing to take note is you have to be a reporter and not tell some things and claim them to be true if they are not. Jason Katzenback has a blog with URL www.johncow.com That is branding...he gives value to his readership and at the same time he brands the name John Cow...it is easy to remember.

Mark also talk about using pen names. I think I remember him saying it is going to be awkward to be an expert in a niche and then sue the same name and be an expert on a totally different niche.
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

nates450r
Trust:
Pen names have nothing to do with FTC stuff do they ??
jpastorizo
Trust:
nates,

As talked about by a lot of super affiliates, using a pen name is acceptable as long as you are telling a story. If you use a pen name and claim something to be true even if it is not, then that's when you will get into possible trouble with FTC.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

This topic was started on Sep 22, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.