Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Brand New 2 all this Hi!

marklongy
Trust:

Brand New 2 all this Hi!

Hi Everyone,

I'm Mark from the U.K. just finished my first week of videos and building my keyword list.
can't wait to get started.

By the way thanks Mark!!!
koolananas
Trust:
Hi!
I posted a HUGE "THANK YOU" to Mark the other night - but I think it was on a very old thread and has become lost in the basement somewhere... I can't tell you how grateful I am that someone has finally taken the time to actually supply the "nuts and bolts" that go into all this.

I've also just finished the 1st week of videos and am busy on the keywords but seem to have become "bogged down" in hundreds of possible avenues... Please could someone help?

I've chosen the weight-loss avenue having lost 25lbs myself over the past 4 months so is a subject that I'm very passionate about at the moment. The question is - do I keep it as a general review site or would you recommend me narrowing it down and focussing the theme of the site on certain areas - for example, diets in general and siloing the site to encompass various aspects of weight loss such as supplements, types of diets, dangers of dieting and side effects or do I narrow down the whole site to just focus on, for example dangers of diet pills and their side effects?

Again thanks for a fantastic product and may I say I'm extremely impressed by the sense of "family" here on the forum...

Regards,
Simone
PremiumMember
whistlerh
Trust:
Hey Kool,

First congrats on your personal weight loss. The dedication and willpower it takes to set a goal of loosing weight and following through will serve you well on your journey in IM.

To compare apples to oranges lets take a look at the WoW site Mark created. Think of WoW as weight loss. In Mark's example he writes articles about fishing, mining, paladin, general lvling, and the list goes on. All the topics are in the overall WoW niche but each article is in what some may call a sub-niche of the main topic of WoW.

Though each article is on a "broad" subject within the niche he is able to monetize each article to the product he is promoting nicely. It is possible to cover "broad" niche topics if you can find a good and compelling angle that will lead them to your product.

Being someone that can really put yourself in the shoes of your visitors, take them by the hand and lead them to the action you want them to take. Connect with your visitors on a personal level showing that you really know what they are going through and how they are thinking will make you successful.

When doing your research, think like a consumer, NOT A MARKETER. Once you find the path you want to take, throw on your marketing hat and get the traffic to convert.

Hope this helps or makes some sense
Whistler
Whistler
koolananas
Trust:
Hi Whistler,

Thank you so much for your answer - it certainly does help! I was worried that if I didn't narrow it down enough I would get lost in the crowds but I've followed Mark's rules to the letter and have stuck to the 30-3 word formula so here's to moving on!

I'm also keeping a daily journal of my work, problems and questions so that perhaps later when I'm a little more experienced at this, can help other newbies who are in the doldrums - & join the fantastic supporters here on the forum.

Thanks again!
Simone
PremiumMember
whistlerh
Trust:
Simone,

Glad to know it help some. I am glad to hear you are keeping a journal! We tend to focus on tracking at the keyword level but can forget about tracking our over all progress. It is good to see you keeping track with a mind toward helping others.

Looking forward to sharing with you and learning from you in the weeks to come.

Whistler

This topic was started on May 01, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.