Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Blogs vs Static Websites - which is better for SEO?

megachile
Trust:

Blogs vs Static Websites - which is better for SEO?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what people think about blogs vs static sites.

I keep reading that search engines love blogs, but surely a static site with the same SEO attributes as a blog will achieve the same rankings.

Is this the case or am I missing something?

Also I am interested in hearing weather other forum members use blogs or static sites for their online presence.

inapeace

Rodderz
Last edited by michellerana on 21 Jan 10 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

"You can't stop the waves but you can learn to surf."

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Rodderz,
Here are some posts that you might like reading on this...

post35694.html?hilit=%20static#p35694

post32973.html?hilit=%20static#p32973

post36679.html?hilit=static#p36679

affiliate-hangout/difference-between-website-affiloblueprint-model-vs-blog-t6379.html?hilit=static

also, I use both options and find a slight favour toward wordpress blogs if they are set up right.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Mark has lessons on how to build both so I guess that means they're both effective :)
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

megachile
Trust:
Thanks for your replies, it seems that it doesn't really matter which method is used. I guess it comes down to personal preference based on how quickly and efficiently you can get a good site uploaded using either method.

Thanks again

Rodderz
"You can't stop the waves but you can learn to surf."

digiblue
Trust:
In my opinion blogs are much quicker at getting indexed than static websites. This is mainly due to having an RSS feed that can be pinged and submitted to RSS directories which are crawled quickly by Google.
sonitin
Trust:
Depends on your niche too, don't expect a static website on celebrity to rank long term. The gossip is going to go old and Google is going to look for latest. However, a site focused on a static niche..umm e.g. language website don't have anything new to offer and can work well.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

This topic was started on Jan 20, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.