Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Best Screen Capture Video Software

liveinasiablog
Trust:

Best Screen Capture Video Software

I want to make a screen capture video of me using some software that I am promoting. anybody have experience with this? What software program do you recommend?

Thanks,

Ryan
PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
I use Camtasia Studio. It is expensive. Yet it is relatively simple to use.

What I especially like about Camtasia is that I can go back into the "editor" to change or add audio as needed.

Camtasia has multiple options allowing specific programming as to microphone type, volume settings etcetera. The program will not only do screen capture with sound you can highlight the cursor making it easy for the viewer to follow.

For ease of production it has been designed so that it will link automatically to "Power Point." You can easily jump from the power point presentation to straight video and back. The program is very versatile.

Margene Smith
PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
Depends mostly on your budget.......... If you are a cheapo :)
then http://jaycut.com/ is really great.... I cant believe these guys let you use it for free its actually really good.

As Mentioned Camtasia.... is great.........
When I am lazy i use http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/ only 12$ to remove any nagging screens.... other wise freee......

It just depends on what you are going to use it for....
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
If you don't want to purchase a software have you considered out-sourcing the production to a local college student. They usually have access to the best software programs available.

Often a student will market their services at a low price so that they can build up a work portfolio. Their skill level is often quite high plus they commonly have a mentor or instructor to go to if a problem occurs.

Margene
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
When I started out I used CamStudio which is free open source option. it does decent quality videos, then edit with Windows Movie maker which is free on any windows computer made in the last 8 years.

now though, I go with Camtasia. its one of the best available, although it is a bit expensive.
It has its own editing software which is actually pretty good, or you can use SonyVEga which isn't too expensive and has a bit more editing options available.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

liveinasiablog
Trust:
Thanks everyone! I'll check those programs out!

Cheers,

Ryan
thel.online.ph
Trust:
Hi,

Camtasia Studio is great yet expensive. You might want to try the free version of JING. The software has limitations to file format, size, etc, but works well for quick video sharing. You can download the free version of jing here.

This topic was started on Sep 26, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.