Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Best method for organizing & tracking multiple sites?

PremiumMember
suzyg1
Trust:

Best method for organizing & tracking multiple sites?

Does anyone have a good method to organize and track multiple affiliate websites? I am wondering about hard disk directory structures, email folders, spreadsheets, or some sort of software to keep track of pertinent information such as passwords, hosting, affiliate programs for each site, urls, content, source files, rankings, earnings, backups, etc -- basically everything.

Something simple to maintain, but effective.
Thanks, SuzyG
SuzyG

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Suzy,
Well for some of that I use roboform or keypass.
It keeps track of passwords and URL's.
I have separate folders in my docs for each affiliate program or category and I keep spreadsheets for earnings etc..

There are other programs you can get as well..
You really need to trust them with your passwords etc though...
For Eg: http://www.affiliatesorganizer.com/

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

jcdean
Trust:
I simply have a gmail account were I forward all confirmation emails too, then I sort them into folders.

I also use this account as storage of ebooks, reports, PLR, Articals, and pictures that I have bought. So every thing is backed up even if my PC crashes.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I also use spreadsheets to track my sites.

I create one where I list my page title, keyword, tt score, backlinks built,

I keep another one where I keep track of every article I write, and what article directories/ websites, I have posted them on.

Keep a separate email adress for each of your websites, as well as different parts of each site.

each website I keep 4 different emails.

1 all affiliate programs I am promoting
2 customer support
3 email list replies/ questions
4 newsletters of other sites within the niche. this way I keep up with what others are doing within the niche, as well as getting great tips to look into using for my own sites.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

jasondodd
Trust:
A simple spreadsheet is usually sufficient - even using something like Google Docs so you can keep it online for ready access.

You have to watch that systems for organizing things dont become a big overhead in themselves, defeating the purpose!
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

PremiumMember
suzyg1
Trust:
Thanks so much for all the replies. I am now using Roboform and love it. I use a spreadsheet, but am considering Affiliate Organizer too. It looks comprehensive.
SuzyG

This topic was started on Jan 09, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.