Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Becoming Disillusioned - Caused by adwords

PremiumMember
richie32
Trust:

Becoming Disillusioned - Caused by adwords

Hi all,
I have had some surgery and been recuperating with the website I built just idling. I did have a small adword campaign running with no problems until now. I have now been threatened with suspension of the adword account but the trouble is I am really ignorant on these things. I did everything as close as possible to the advice received from affilorama and Traffic Travis gave my pages A+ scores.

I am sure the advice I received was to use my review page as a landing page but now feel that is the possible problem. I would appreciate anyone of knowledge looking at my site http://fatburning-guide.com and telling me what is wrong.

The home page is again my landing page but it was http://fatburning-guide.com/the-best-fat-burning-product-reviews.php

Any help and advice of what to do gratefully accepted.

Cheers
Kerry
Last edited by sydney on 14 Mar 11 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed broken link

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Did you rewrite the page? even on landing pages, Google does not like duplicate content on your own site. you need to rewrite it at least 50% or more. I have seen many people get slapped down for this.Also are you making sure the keywords that you target with a single landing page is in the page at least a few times?
'
you should keyword optimize your landing pages, and set up different ad groups rather than just one landing page for a huge list of keywords.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
richie32
Trust:
Thanks for that. I guess from what you are saying I could use any page on my website (which is therefore already optimised, A+ in TT, for keyword) as a landing page and use say 3 - 4 different landing pages with a different ad for each?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Right, just make sure that you are setting up a separate landing page and rewriting the content to be at least 50% unique. Google doesnt like that duplicate content on your own sites.

For example, I have been setting up squeeze pages for opt ins. Right now I have 6 different squeeze pages all unique, and targeting a different keyword all for the same opt in. Each one of these has an ad group with 5-10 laser targeted keywords, and each one of those keywords are contained in the text on the page at least 2 times. I also specifically target keywords that will naturally fall into what I am writing when setting these up. Remember, you have to make sure that it passes a human review, not just a bot.

One thing that Mark has recommmended if you are struggling with google is to try using Msn and Yahoo ppc. They get less traffic, but they don't have the hassles that are killing people with Google.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on Jul 29, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.