Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Bank accounts and physical addresses

paulinmonterey
Trust:

Bank accounts and physical addresses

Do you keep a separate bank account for your affiliate marketing business to keep finances and record keeping separate from your personal banking? Also, do you use your home address as your contact address or do you use a PO Box or something else? When I setup my Fluttermail account I used my home address since that's the only contact address I have but I wasn't entirely comfortable with that.

Paul
skywalker
Trust:
I would also like to know the answer to Paul's question as I did not feel completely comfortable leaving my home and dress either.
mesfleurs
Trust:
paulinmonterey wrote:Do you keep a separate bank account for your affiliate marketing business to keep finances and record keeping separate from your personal banking? Also, do you use your home address as your contact address or do you use a PO Box or something else? When I setup my Fluttermail account I used my home address since that's the only contact address I have but I wasn't entirely comfortable with that.

Paul

Hello,
I am new to Affilorama and you have asked a very important question. I look forward to a response to this very soon. However, to be on the side of caution, I would think it would be wise to have things separate from one's personal account. I am grappling with the same question.
paulinmonterey
Trust:
I guess this is more of a general business question rather than an affiliate/affilorama specific question and maybe this is why nobody has responded yet. Since I'm new to both affiliate marketing and running my own business I'm trying to set things up the best way I can from the beginning to make the process as smooth as possible for myself. Anyway I'm glad there's some interest here and thanks for keeping your eyes on this post. I'll probably be opening up a separate bank account soon. It seems like the wise thing to do. Plus, since there's a whole "mindset" component to all of this, having a business bank account seems like a good start to "thinking like" and "acting like" a legitimate business owner! Now the contact address thing is a little less straight forward. Or maybe it isn't. Thanks again.

Paul
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Hey folks,

1) Whether you want to keep your affiliate marketing finances separate from your normal finances is entirely up to you. I had mine going into my normal bank account for a while, but now I have a separate account so I won't spend it all on sushi.

If you're wanting to set up a separate business entity or some other such thing, that's probably a question for your accountant or lawyer. Personally I would be more concerned about starting to see some money, and then work that other stuff out later :)

2) Having a contact address is required for Can-Spam purposes. It just needs to be either a physical address, or a place where you can receive mail -- such as a PO Box. If you're uncomfortable having your home address on your emails (fair enough!) you could see about setting up a post office box with your local post office.

For US people, this might be useful: https://poboxes.usps.com/poboxonline/se ... ingPage.do

There are also a lot of "mail forwarding" and "virtual mailbox" services out there, but the ones I saw seemed more expensive than a plain old PO box.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

adam.kent
Trust:
If you want to set up an account under a fictitious (business name), you will likely need a license to do so. You might be able to simply set up a different account to receive your payments.
---
Adam Kent - Social Media Manager at http://jarvee.com/

"The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker

mick6
Trust:
You will probably need to use your genuine address for joining an affiliate network, I know a lot of networks require a proof of ID and proof of address to stop fraudsters.

This topic was started on Oct 04, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.