Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Backup to remote server - is this necessary?

PremiumMember
richie32
Trust:

Backup to remote server - is this necessary?

I have been having some problems with my site so I (being at the early stages) I redid the whole thing. I then deleted the old version from the public_html folder at Hostgator and published the new version. What I got after that was a site coming up which was OK initially but which then reverted to my old version. Hostgator are kindly resetting the whole thing so then I will have an idea why this happened. Anyone out there had similar problems? Is it necessary to tick the backup box when publishing given my site is on my computer?
Last edited by michellerana on 21 Dec 09 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title

wollowra
Trust:
Maybe you had the old version uploaded again via FTP without you realizing?
Not sure as it could be a few things, did you delete all the public_html folder?
Anyway, when I first started to learn how to upload etc.. Hostgator had to reset my server 3 times...lol
So I learned what NOT to do...lol

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
richie32
Trust:
Hi again Troy,

Everything is fine since the reset. It explains the problems I had before where each page was being matched with the index.php page. The pages would one minute be sugar-levels-in-blood.php and then revert to page5.php which was the original name before being optimised. All I have to sort now is why TT is giving me incorrect word counts on pages and telling me I need my SEO phrase at least once in the heading when it is! I looked at the hmtl code page but to a ignorant like me I am not sure where to find what I am looking for. There is a place on each page with Heading-1-C or Heading-1- CO etc

With these concerns my pages are all giving B+ results in Traffic Travis so fixing them would raise the score to one I would be happier with.

Hope its pleasant in Oz as it is here in Rotorua NZ today.

Regards
Kerry.
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Kerry,
Yes a nice 24 here today.
Glad you got it sorted.
Regards,
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Dec 19, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.