Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Auto Blogging

PremiumMember
marting
Trust:

Auto Blogging

Earlier this year I bought a product called Auto Content Cash which was made up of some WP plugins that automatically add content to your blog. They claimed that the best way to get SEO rankings was a keyword optimized domain name.

I registered a whole load of domain names for profitable clickbank niches and made about 10 or so automated blogs an example below.

http://abdominalsexercise.net/

None of these blogs have achieved any SEO ranking for their domain name keywords.

Would Google have detected that these sites are automated and therefore won't rank them?

Now that this little experiment doesn't seem to have worked I'll turn them into AffiloBlueprint types sites. Should I keep what is there rather than scrap all the content that has already been generated? This one has over 1000 posts on it. Is that worth anything or should I scrap all of this and begin again?
faradina
Trust:
One thing I noticed about the posts is that they are really short, and very short posts do not really do much SEO-wise. Aim to have articles that are about 500 words in length.

Another thing is that it will take more than on-page SEO to get high rankings on google. You need off-page SEO as well and that means building backlinks to your site. What have you done so far in terms of off-page SEO? It most likely is something that you need to look into.

A lot of the pages on that site is indexed on google. I would keep the existing pages if I were you but I would expand the content on each one.
PremiumMember
marting
Trust:
I have a half a dozen keyword optmized articles on there. The main page uses the auto plug in to get videos from YouTube. I have generated back links to my articles using AMA and SEO Link Vine. I've not done much but I don't rank anywhere in the top 1000 in Google for anything including the keywords in my domain name.

Google doesn't seem to like the site as there should be enough content and backlinks to appear in the top 1000.

So should I scrap all the videos that have been added by the plug in and only have my articles on there and add more articles?
PremiumMember
marting
Trust:
Well I decided to scrap all of the junk that was automatically added to my blog and it's now an article only blog.

This topic was started on Nov 23, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.