Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Articles from article directories as content for my blog

PremiumMember
ademasi
Trust:

Articles from article directories as content for my blog

After I set up my blog and I am ready to place articles on it, I was wondering if I can put articles on the blog that have been submitted to articles directories or do I have to write new articles? All for the same niche of course.

Thanks for you help....

Adele
Last edited by michellerana on 27 Jan 10 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You'd be penalized for duplicate content if you use the same articles that you submitted to article directories on your blog site. It would be better if you would make unique articles for your site or at least reword 80% each of the articles that you're going to use as content.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

pegasus2218
Trust:
I've heard that this is not true, and that article directories will not penalize if you have already posted the material you're submitting on your website. Say you write a post on your blog, widgetreview.net. If you submit this to an article site and say that you are the owner of widgetreview.net then they know you are not plagiarizing.

My understanding is that Google only penalizes "duplicate content" when it shows up within the same website. You can't post the same thing multiple times on your own blog, but you're free to submit an article verbatim from a blog post.
Last edited by ampie g on 18 Mar 10 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: delinked url as it was only used for illustration

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Duplicate content is having the same content as another site. Search engines want their results to give unique content. They don't want to display the same article over and over again so they filter out duplicate articles. They group the duplicate URL's and select the best URL to represent the cluster. You could find more information on duplicate content and how Google deals with it in the Official Google Webmaster Blog.

If the articles on your site and on the article directories are the same, you would only have one chance to rank for that keyword. If you rewrite your articles to make them unique, then each article gives you a chance to rank well in the search engines and a good chance to get traffic to your site.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

PremiumMember
ademasi
Trust:
Thank you for your information, that answers my question. I am going to check out the official Google Webmaster Blog as you suggested.

Thanks Again,

Adele

This topic was started on Jan 26, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.