Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Article Marketing - Duplicate Content

conners88
Trust:

Article Marketing - Duplicate Content

Ok, every day i come online and do a bit of research about the affiliate marketing industry, ie ways to improve and each day i learn something new.

Now could someone please clear this query i have up for me, Can I post the same article on many article directories? I hadnt been doing this and had written many articles to submit, each unique in its own right. I read a post on the well respected warrior forum that you can simply submit the same articles to numerous directories and still have similar benefits as to re writing each time? Does anyone have any advise on this Advantages and Disadvantages if any.

Many Thanks
Conners
Follow My 20 Micro Niche Sites per month challenge http://www.connersroad2success.com/

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Conners,
Unique content is better and is better for the person who is looking around on the web for more information.
However, I have posted similar content with about a 30% change and it seems to be ok but it can rank lower in the search engines.
Having said that, I always think about the future and what Google is doing and if some time in the future the almighty Google tries to lower the rankings of duplicate content or some other weird algorithm ... then it may actually have a negative affect.
I always say.. "Test, Test, Test" and then test some more..
My 2 cents.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

conners88
Trust:
if you are interested.... have a read of this article there is a lot of very good information http://www.warriorforum.com/main-internet-marketing-discussion-forum/95391-article-site-eza-first-1.html
Follow My 20 Micro Niche Sites per month challenge http://www.connersroad2success.com/

wollowra
Trust:
Yep, some are for and against.
Personally I do a mix of both and test.
That way I can cover whatever future plans Google has for my articles and the sites they are published on.
:)
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

vqaa
Trust:
Hi
The great duplicate content debate?

I have found it a myth and not worth worrying about except below

I have articles distributed to hundreds of directories and have backlinks from all.

I checked Ezine, Go articles and article base and they were not distributed there so I submitted the same articles to them had them accepted immediately and when checking the next day they were all indexed

Googles definition
“Duplicate content generally refers to substantive blocks of content within or across domains that either completely match other content or are appreciably similar...In some cases, content is duplicated across domains in an attempt to manipulate search engine rankings or garner more traffic via popular or long-tail queries.”
There are a couple of easy ways to avoid this. Never put the same content on two different domain names you own, or use the same blocks of text across different pages within your domain(s).

This topic was started on Aug 07, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.