Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Are You Guest Posting

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:

Are You Guest Posting

A lot of people are posting about lost Google rankings and struggling to get sales and people to visit their sites. Now, I have been quite outspoken about not relying on Google alone for traffic, and I have gotten a lot of questions about where else to get traffic..

one of the best things that I have done is guest posting on blogs. I write a really good original piece, and find blogs within the niche to post on. by doing this I get more exposure for my site, a free back link or two, and a lot of great traffic, all without relying on search traffic. You can also get some cool stuff, and

just today, i posted a guest post about starting a conversation with blog comments. This post is part of a contest for guest posters, so I have a chance to win some cool prizes, as well as the traffic I will get. ( the contest is based on popularity, so drop by, give me a comment, and tweet me,).

This post just went live less than an hour ago, and I have already seen the traffic flowing in. Last time i did a guest post, I got almost 200 visitors a day for 3-4 days, and still get about 20-30 visitors a week through that post.

It is amazing how effective it can be. Once you get into the blog community, in your niche, you will start getting invitations and requests to guest post on other blogs. I have gotten 5 myself just this week. That will be even more exposure and traffic to my site.
Yes, it will take time to write an original piece for each one, but the benefits of the direct traffic i will get, and the community I am building far outweighs the struggle of trying to do it all on your own.

no other single thing that I have done has worked so well to get quick traffic to my sites, and sales. If you do it well, you can drive traffic and even sales before Google even has your page indexed.

now, seo is important, but if you focus on getting traffic through your articles that you post, you will get the ranking,s but you will find that you dont stress out so much if you lose them.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Hey James,

How would you approach a blog owner for a guest post? Would you say something like:

"Hey my name is Clayton and I run www.mysite.com under the pen name John Doe. Anyway, I'm trying to spread the word about my website and I would be interested in doing a guest post on your blog on the subject of XXX. Is this something you would be interested in? Of course you would have editorial privileges over anything I submit to you. All I ask is that I can include a link to www.mysite.com.

Also, are there any "tricks" you use to estimate the traffic levels to blogs you guest post on? Of course, if you know your niche well, you should know who the movers and shakers are, but is there a good way to estimate if the traffic you'd get is worth the effort of guest posting?
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I go to
http://myblogguest.com/
there are hundreds of bloggers there that are looking for guest posters.
you can also go to google and search blogs within your niche. look through a few pages and you will be able to tell if they get a lot of guest posts.

One thing that i look at is the potential traffic from the blog also. some blogs may be fairly new, but are growing quickly.

For example, I have my relationships blog. right now, it doesnt have a big following, but i just got 5 guest posts on high traffic blogs, as well as joining in a community just for bloggers where I am meeting up with other people that all work together to swap guest posts, and promote each others blogs.

one thing that i look at is how many comments they get, and are they all from the same people? the guest post I linked to in the original post, i met through the MYguestblog site. My post there went live on sunday, and I have already gotten over 200 visits to my site through that post alone.

it all depends on your niche, and who you are targeting. also, I look for outside niches that I can write to diversify content.

i have a guest post going on a weightloss blog next week. I am not in this niche, but i wrote the post on how your self esteem will affect your ability to maintain your weight, and linking to my self esteem articles on my relationship site.

one of the keys is to not get stuck in a rut and only think of your niche. think of who might need your information, and figure out where to find them.

i have another guest post going out on a marriage blog on the pressures of the economy, and how it can destroy your marriage. i am using it to drive people to a page at imrelations talking about how to earn a little extra cash from home, and promoting AB...

once you get in, they will come to you. Since my post at FamousBloggers, I have gotten 10 request for guest posts on other blogs.

sonitin
Trust:
I have been using this http://myblogguest.com/ and its great.

If anyone is interested in receiving Guest posts for your health/seo/outsourcing/Im blog please let me know.

@jmpruitt I sent you a pm.

Cheers
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
cool. got your pm will do.

smuigal
Trust:
Hi James,

You know I am so happy to have found your post here. It's a great reminder on what people really want to hear and read about. Years ago, back in 2000, I started Netwoozy.com. I built my list through a free list service called, Topica. I don't know if they are still around, but I build my list to about 2000 readers.

Funny thing...

First I want to say that you cannot.... rely on people who have no clue about the Internet to help you write "for" the Internet crowd. I say this because I remember some bad advice I received from one of my best offline friends. She said, "Chrisi, your articles are so personal. I mean really... you tell them about your CAT?"

And Yes, I would share the funny things my cat would do while I was typing my newsletter. And you know people really loved that newsletter. I had people sending me Kudo's almost every issue I posted.

In 2002 I got really sick and went offline for a very long time. I got backline about 2008 and found Mark in 2009.

Just TODAY I decided to get back into that old style writing I used to do. I wrote this entire post, added in some personal thoughts... and you know what? I edited it down to the most necessary bits of information.

Then I read your conversation article and thought, "It's time to LET GO of the real me and just write how I really think."

Just let it out.

Thanks James. :) While I do write how I think, I don't let out some of my more silly, frustrated, and or down right nutty comments. Perhaps it's time to let that gal back out of the closet.

Thing is... I don't have a cat or a dog anymore. :( Hm... there are a few random spiders crawling about. Perhaps before I squish them I should consider adopting them as pets?

Naaaa.... squishing them is much more fun!
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
LOL, Hey Crisi,

I know what you mean. I don't have a pet right now, but I still look for ways to write about things that happen to me in real life and relate it to the topic that I am writing about. Allowing your personality to come through your content is really important if you want to engage people. The way you write those newsletters should also be how you write your articles for your websites and blog posts. That will engage readers, and it will give you ahigher sales, more opt ins, more social sharing and natural link building, and through that, higher search rankings across your pages.

This topic was started on Jun 20, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.