Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Are higher commission products always good to promote?

forums2connect
Trust:

Are higher commission products always good to promote?

Hi guys,

I have seen most products giving commission of 50% to affiliates. But some new products give upto 75% commission. Is that good to promote? Has anyone experienced good results with such plugins?

Please give your suggestion...
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Nothing is "always" better than something else.

It really depends on the product.

Most product owners offer high commissions as a way to attract affiliates, or because its what all other product owners in that market do and they need to toe the line.

What's more important than the commission percentage is the quality of the product, and the quality of the marketing.

Hope this helps.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

forums2connect
Trust:
cterao wrote:Nothing is "always" better than something else.

It really depends on the product.

Most product owners offer high commissions as a way to attract affiliates, or because its what all other product owners in that market do and they need to toe the line.

What's more important than the commission percentage is the quality of the product, and the quality of the marketing.

Hope this helps.

True indeed!

Thanks for the answer. I guess I will stick with 50% commission offered by WpSmartApps for which I have signed as affiliates.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
I have seen most products giving commission of 50% to affiliates. But some new products give up to 75% commission. Is that good to promote? Has anyone experienced good results with such plugins?

It would be great if you can promote a product based on commission but you have to look at other factors as well like quality of the product, conversion, gravity, etc. You may get 75% commission but if the product does not give true value or is of low quality, then you risk losing that commission when the customer returns it.

One of the things you can try is to add variety to the products you promote. Mix in the products with high commission and those that give average earnings. This will help increase your earnings as well as give you an idea of which products sell in your niche well and which don't.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
one thing that I like to add to what Cecille said is that I also like to look for continuity on the back end. Some of those can last for months or even years of commissions as long as someone stays a member. those monthly commissions can be really valuable when you have a slow month on sales, and you have some residual commissions that can help keep some income rolling in.

This is really helpful if you are relying on SEO (which as you may know by now, I don't recommend doing anyway) and Google decides to play around with the algorithm. It keeps some money rolling in while you have a chance to rebuild your rankings.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

forums2connect
Trust:
Cecille L wrote:
I have seen most products giving commission of 50% to affiliates. But some new products give up to 75% commission. Is that good to promote? Has anyone experienced good results with such plugins?

It would be great if you can promote a product based on commission but you have to look at other factors as well like quality of the product, conversion, gravity, etc. You may get 75% commission but if the product does not give true value or is of low quality, then you risk losing that commission when the customer returns it.

One of the things you can try is to add variety to the products you promote. Mix in the products with high commission and those that give average earnings. This will help increase your earnings as well as give you an idea of which products sell in your niche well and which don't.

By "Mix" do you mean ebooks, plugins and monthly services or just a mix of plugins?

One more question I would like to ask is:

Which is more purchased: Ebook or Plugin?
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
(you're welcome, James ;)

It's something you might want to test out.

Depending on the sales price, the higher commissioned one might not make as much as the lower commissioned one:

take 50% of $75 vs 75% of $45 for example.

Another thing to consider is how well it converts. If you had two options that would earn you the same commission, but one converted and the other didn't, you'd want the one that converted, right?

75% of $50 vs 50% of $75, for example. If the "more expensive" one converted better, you'd want that one.

Things like that, you'd have to test for yourself to see what works best for you and the people who come to your site. And you also have to take into consideration the points James and Cecille brought up in making your decision.
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
By "Mix" do you mean ebooks, plugins and monthly services or just a mix of plugins?

By "mix" I mean promoting both products that earn you average and high commissions. These products should be with the same niche. If you are promoting digital products in the fitness niche, then get an array of products that earn you average and high commissions.

If your niche offer both physical and digital products, then try promoting a couple of digital AND physical products. But always make sure these are in the same niche.

I do not understand what you're referring to as a "plugin". Do you mean a digital/physical product you're promoting versus an eBook?

Hope to hear from you soon.
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

forums2connect
Trust:
Cecille L wrote:

By "mix" I mean promoting both products that earn you average and high commissions. These products should be with the same niche. If you are promoting digital products in the fitness niche, then get an array of products that earn you average and high commissions.

If your niche offer both physical and digital products, then try promoting a couple of digital AND physical products. But always make sure these are in the same niche.

I do not understand what you're referring to as a "plugin". Do you mean a digital/physical product you're promoting versus an eBook?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Yup I meant a WordPress plugin vs ebooks.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Yup I meant a WordPress plugin vs ebooks.

I don't think there's even a competition between the two since there aren't any eBooks available for Wordpress plugins. I suppose if you're running a techie site where you recommend both various Wordpress plugins alongside eBooks on various techie subjects, then I guess you'll be able to see which of the two are more lucrative.

Cecille

This topic was started on May 06, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.