Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Anything like Kodak zi8 but with rotatable view finder?

troskell
Trust:

Anything like Kodak zi8 but with rotatable view finder?

Hi

I saw Marks post about creating video and his recommendation for the Kodak zi8, I just wondered if anybody knew of any thing similar but that had a rotatable view finder, but like the zi8 you could also use an external microphone.

Thanks
wollowra
Trust:
Hi TR,

I am a real camera buff and this is my advice to people considering these types of cams.
I use a normal JVC HD camcorder.
Mainly due to the fact it gives me really good video quality, zoom, sound and lcd swivel.
I can edit it on my PC and upload it to you tube etc if need be.

However some people do not want to lug around a little brick so they opt for a flipcam type vidcam.
I have seen a sony bloggie like this one that has a swivel and is small but not as small as the Kodak.

http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/ ... hscm5.html

If you want something with reasonable video, sound and compactness you can not go past the Kodak.

Otherwise, If it were me and I wanted a swivel screen, I would go for a bigger vidcam like the JVC everio etc..

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

troskell
Trust:
Thanks for the advice and suggestions I will read up on the Sony bloggie and JVC everio as you suggested

Thanks

Tara

This topic was started on Jul 02, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.