Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Anyone want a part/full time outsourced employee cheap?

PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:

Anyone want a part/full time outsourced employee cheap?

Hey all,
I was looking through all my notes and things on outsourcing today and found an issue of affilorama premium about oursourcing and have decided to go one step further than just Elance.com.
I want to kick start my business by hiring a full or part time Filipino worker to workn on my websites and help me get more done.
Basically the best site recommended by John Jonas who was the guy from the issue 7 i was looking at, is www.bestjobs.ph
To get an account on there, I have looked, it costs depending on monthly membership. You can sign up for 3 months for like $120-130USD for example, obviously if you go 6 or 9 or 12 months it's cheaper.
Basically, you can go there now, on the left menu links, just go to Resume Search and then type what you're looking for from an employee. They have programmers, writers and article marketers plus more.
So what I'm posting here is the following:
I am looking to just get a 3 month membership (because you need to be a member to be able to contact the candidates), and am wanting to know if anyone wants to split it with me, and share the membership as a business account. It will cheaper for both of us to find employees for our businesses. So yeah, if you want to split the 3 month membership it will be half of whatever it is so around $60 each, which is great value to be able to find the employees.
So anyone interested or any questions?
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

faradina
Trust:
There are indeed very good workers to be found on bestjobs.ph but you will need to really delve into the background of the applicants as there are no skills tests or background verification systems on the site in as far as I know.

But the thing is, I thought that posting a job on bestjobs was free? I have posted jobs there and even hired a few people for short term and one-off jobs, and I did not get charged anything. Unless, of course, it's different for those of us who are based in the Philippines.
PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Thankyou for reply. Did you post job and have workers contact you or did you find them through resume?
From what i've seen is you need to register account and pay membership to search through resumes and contact but free to post a job and hav them find you i think.
Cheers
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

faradina
Trust:
I posted jobs and let them contact me. I didn't really have time to search and I figured that if they really wanted a job they would do the searching and get in touch with me.

So, the resume search is how they make money, then. I had been wondering about that. Looks like a good niche to go into, as there will always be people looking for jobs and businesses looking for workers.
PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Definitely and thankyou very much for your responses. I guess ill post my job up then.
Cheers

PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Hi,
I listed a job a few days ago but have received no responses. I just wanted to know when you listed the jobs did you get responses at all and how long they took?
Cheers

faradina
Trust:
Yes, I got responses and pretty quickly, too.

Make sure that you have a detailed description of the job, including the working hours (number of hours and schedule) and required skills, and are offering a competitive compensation package.

You could also add "work from home" to the job title. Being able to work from home is a big thing in the Philippines and many are looking for that kind of position.

Maybe you could post the link to your job posting here so that I can take a look at it?
PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Hi,
I just checked and my account has been removed from their database.
I am sending an email to find out why. I will post back here when I find out.
Regards

faradina
Trust:
So that explains why you weren't getting applications; your job posting wasn't up for them to see.

I have just gone through the site and I came across their Job Advertising Rules and now, arghh, I realize I gave you some bad advice above. It says that work from home jobs cannot be advertised. Strange, because I do see work from home jobs when I do a search. And the jobs I advertised in the past (about more than a year ago) were all work from home jobs.

I had never really read those rules before. That's a bad habit of mine, not reading TOS, etc. on sites when I sign up.
PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Hey, it's not your fault. I did get a reply from them and they stated that was the issue.
They offered a solution being I register an account and then search through resumes, which was my first thought.
So looks like I'm back to that option.
Thankyou so much for the insight though, I really appreciate it :)
Cheers

This topic was started on Nov 25, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.