Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Any ideas for new Forum Categories?

Site Admin
markling
Trust:

Any ideas for new Forum Categories?

Hey guys, I was wondering if everyone was happy with the forum categories as the stand, and whether or not I'm missing any that people would love to see in here.

One I was thinking of adding was a category on "recommended products", whereby you as members can recommend other people's products that you have found useful. If I do add this, should I allow you guys to add your own affiliate links too? Or would you rather have people not be allowed to do this in this category because it could bias their feedback?

Any other category ideas?

regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

dynaclick
Trust:
Hi mark,

Apart from the video lessons, this forum has been a great resource center to exchange ideas & learn from one another. I'm afraid allowing affiliate links may cause this forum to looses its credibility. As for me, I get annoyed when someone wants to help just so that i can purchase a product or ecourse from his link, and this has happen recently. Guess, many forums do not allow aff.links probably for this reason.

that's my view..

rgds,
Clifford
PremiumMember
danklein
Trust:
Hey Mark,

I would like to see a category such as marketing product reviews.

I want to read about good products that are useful.
and I want to read about bad products that I should not waste my money on.

As for people including their affiliate links. I am not sure.

Dan 8)
PremiumMember
rdonnelly
Trust:
Hi Mark,

I wonder if a category for people to submit suggestions for videos or blog topics might be useful. People could then give comments on whether the topic would be useful or not and any particilar things they would want covered in that specific video/blog. You could use this as an indicator of whether it would be worth your time and effort to do a video or blog on that topic.

:)
Ron
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Those seem like great ideas, what does everyone else think?

regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Extra Forum Category List:

Product Recommends - aff links allowed
Site Promotion Thread - follow along
HTML Tutorials
Google
Yahoo
MSN
PPC
Newbies
Elance
Rent-a-Coder
-----------------------------------------------

Adrian,

Just thoughts
kvyeoh
Trust:
adsense too...
PremiumMember
tino
Trust:
How about a topic for “Success Storiesâ€Â
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Definitely something for success stories or motivational stuff.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
jing monet
Trust:
[quote="Tino"]How about a topic for “Success Storiesâ€Â
[img:bq6ri4gw]http://www.gifmania.cn/Doraemon/doreamon02.gif[/img:bq6ri4gw]

PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
I don't see anything wrong with allowing affiliate links.We all know how to avoid them if we want to,and if we like the product,why not give the affiliate his share? As far as topics go I really miss the video critiques,that is where i learn the most I think and where you really help us think like you. I would like to see a suggestions for videos that is a great idea and I need some html and some technical stuff with websites videos.thanks.
superaff
Trust:
Great Ideas here.

I would like to see:

1) Product Reviews section: Like web hosting, Membership sites, Ebooks.

As for the affiliate link: We are affiliate marketer, and I don't see why we should not add our affiliate link.

However, it is true that some affiliate can put a link just to get a commission... All that I can say is that it will be really difficult for those to become Super Affiliates...

This is my solution:

When you review a product: You must provide a Proof that you really bought the product. (How is another story)

Like that it will be more than a product recommendation: it will be an endorsement. The reviewer will have to explain the good and the bad.

After that, if someone is interested, he will be able to reply to the review and ask specific questions, according to his perticular need, budget and situation.

The reviewer will have to show proof of his earning to moderators or to the questioner, or everybody.

example: Someone bought an adwords Ebook that tell that you will earn $300 a day.

The endorsement will not be complete if he doesn't say that YOU NEED AT LEAST $300 to test, and maybe you will lose that money!

I think that this should be held by two or three moderators who verify that the Reviewer really own the product and is satisfied with it.

This Forum can really be something different.

What do you think about this? AM I crazy? Let your comment on this.. Good or Bad.

2) PPC Help:

Like in the Wealthy affiliate forum. I am not a member, but I know that Kyle logs in the members Google Adwords account to help them and see what is wrong with their campaign.

I know someone who is a member of Wealthy Affiliate and he told me that it changed his campaign from losing money to earning money.

This feature will be excellent! I think that with that PPC section, Affilorama which is already more than excellent will be one of the best membership sites on the web, really.

What do you think about these 2?

If I had to chose only one of these, I'd chose The PPC HELP.
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

cdidcott
Trust:
Html, Adsense & Adwords, SEO, and Newbies (like me) please.

Colin