Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Any beginners having success with affiliate marketing?

PremiumMember
zouf10
Trust:

Any beginners having success with affiliate marketing?

Well, I'm just starting to build my first website with Affiloblueprint and I'm really fired up.

However, I was wondering if anybody is really making a success online and making some real money from affiliate marketing, why don't you say it here to give me some motivation, I really need it.

I know there is the success story page, but am looking for people who are just starting out like me.

Thank you,

Ahmed Auf
The Money is definitely in the list. At least that is what everybody thinks.
But after 3 years online I figured out that money is in the TEAM.
Check This Out www.TurboChargeYourListBuilding.com

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I'm sure you'll come across others who are just starting out and wondering the same thing - it does take time to build up a site, just like any new business, but stick at it and you'll find success.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

tangoshoes
Trust:
I haven't bought the blue print so I can't comment on it but what I will tell you is that until 5 months ago I didn't even know what affiliate marketing was let alone how to get started. I didn't make any money until I bought One Week Marketing from PotPieGirl. My first Month I made about $100. My niche was in gardening so sales dropped off but in the second month I started on a few more niches. My third month I made another $100. While One Week Marketing was the step by step guide that I needed to get motivated enough to start and actually see profits I don't see it working long term. PotPieGirl sent me a link to affilorama in one of her e-mail marketing messages about 2 weeks ago. I finally decided to join in time for the first of the "blog bootcamp" series. I am HIGHLY impressed with Mark's videos and traffictravis which is why I decided to keep my membership past the one week.

"One Week Marketing" is all based on Squidoo pages. The thing I don't like about this plan is that all your profits are bound to the success of the Squidoo site. If something should happen to them or they change drastically your whole marketing campaign goes down the tube. Mark on the other hand advocates building good long standing pages with solid SEO work. These plans and ideas will stand the test of time IMHO.

Every time I start work on something new I get the jitters just like you. I think "OMG what if I spend all this time (and sometimes money) working on something and it flops?". One thing that Mark preaches and I find true is that we learn from our failures and we move on.... fail quickly and succeed quickly. No matter how bad your first campaign fails it's never really a failure ... You'll learn from it and it will show you things that NO video can show you.... the potential to make things better and succeed.
Free AMA alternative:
http://www.freetrafficsystem.com/a.php?p=15706
Outsourcing for $200/mo 40hr/week:
http://store.replacemyself.com/?aid=3884

wollowra
Trust:
tangoshoes wrote:
Every time I start work on something new I get the jitters just like you. I think "OMG what if I spend all this time (and sometimes money) working on something and it flops?". One thing that Mark preaches and I find true is that we learn from our failures and we move on.... fail quickly and succeed quickly. No matter how bad your first campaign fails it's never really a failure ... You'll learn from it and it will show you things that NO video can show you.... the potential to make things better and succeed.

Tango,
Excellent first post.
This also, is called analysis paralysis,
Great comment.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
This is a great way to go. I joined AB in June. It took a long time for me to get consistent results but now it is going well. I am not anywhere near where I want to be, but I do have a steady flow of clickbank checks coming in, as well as some others.

The main thing is to stick to one system. don't get distracted or give up until you make it. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

bartko09
Trust:
tangoshoes wrote:Every time I start work on something new I get the jitters just like you. I think "OMG what if I spend all this time (and sometimes money) working on something and it flops?". One thing that Mark preaches and I find true is that we learn from our failures and we move on.... fail quickly and succeed quickly. No matter how bad your first campaign fails it's never really a failure ... You'll learn from it and it will show you things that NO video can show you.... the potential to make things better and succeed.

Great post, Tango! One thing that I very much believe in is multiple income streams. The cornerstone of entrepreneurship is making enough money at one idea to start your next idea, and that's exactly where I am. I've mastered an idea that brings in between 1,500 to 3k per month. Affiliate Marketing is the next big challenge that I fully plan on mastering and the capitol generated from my first venture will fund this. The key, which Mark does a good job at pointing out, is it to avoid information overload. I've been educating myself on A.M. for about 5 months now and Affilorama is hands down the place to be if you're a beginner. I plan on upgrading to VIP access soon because there's just so much ongoing educational potential here.

Take it from someone who's bounced around from site to site and ebook to ebook. Everything you need to know in order to get your A.M. venture off the ground is right here. And for 50 bucks a month, it's a steal.

Also, it's soooo cheap to fail at Affiliate Marketing. If you fail at a brick and mortar establishment it could impact your way of living for years and years. If you fail online, you might have to write off a couple hundred bucks and start all over again. I wish I would have started this 10 years ago. ;)
wollowra
Trust:
bartko09 wrote:

Also, it's soooo cheap to fail at Affiliate Marketing. If you fail at a brick and mortar establishment it could impact your way of living for years and years. If you fail online, you might have to write off a couple hundred bucks and start all over again. I wish I would have started this 10 years ago. ;)

So true Bart,
My uncle has started up a few businesses offline and although he made money, he has also lost money.
And when you lose money in offline business it can run into the hundreds of thousands.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

mack45
Trust:
Hi I started on the computer thirteen months ago and only started affiliate marketing about seven months ago. I to did a few bad programs before getting to WA. I also did OWM program but had no luck. I was in a short program and had one campaign done that was doing nothing. when I started to go my own way and develop my own program. I have still got it going and have just had my second sale. Just a week and a half ago Des from WA emailed me about this place. I started just over a week ago and I have my website well under way so four or fifth week into this program .The best part is it follows my base plan so far and I have learned a lot I am going to stay with the affiloblueprint until I have completed the course. Then see where I am at .with what I have learned so far here and other places I know I can make money in this business I also know there is no other place as good as this that I could have found to learn from or it would be famous .
Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to coach.mackaybruce@hotmail.com

Site Admin
simonslade
Trust:
Testing, please ignore this comment thanks.
Add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

Site Admin
ttravis
Trust:
Testing, please ignore.
Site Admin
simonslade
Trust:
Testing, last one hopefully :)
Add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

wollowra
Trust:
who's this Testing guy?
lol.. sorry had to do it..lol

-- Robert Brault

esolutions
Trust:
I'm thinking the test failed...
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

kamj79
Trust:
Hi

I've always wanted to get into affiliate marketing as I can see the huge potential. But now in my current circumstances I need to really take it seriously.

I am however a little nervous as I don't have a lot of money to invest at the start.

Can I ask how much you all invested to begin with just so I can get and idea on a budget?

Thanks in advance of your replies :)
wollowra
Trust:
Welcome to Affilorama,
Hmmm, that is sort of like asking how long a piece of string is..lol
You could start out with $50 or $5000, however.. it depends on what you want to do and what direction you want to take.
There are so many aspects and business models of affiliate marketing that it is hard to give you a figure.
If you do everything yourself and don't buy a single thing, then you could start out with $60 - $100 but
you will need to read and write a lot.
But if you outsource some things you will probably need around $350 - $400.
Then you have monthly hosting fees etc...

This does not include any courses etc...

Maybe someone else can give you a newbies perspective on how much they recently have spent over say a month of starting out.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

smp063
Trust:
I was/am still in the same boat. Started off at WA & stuck with the free methods, articles - squidoo - hubs pages - US Adds, made a little but not enough to get too excited about or to expand. Then joined here found the blogging webinar easy to understand and follow and can see being more profitable in the long run.

Cost wise? apart from the membership here have only paid for domain name approx. $11US (using free hosting here).

Everything else having to do myself. Yes takes a lot of time but I too believe will be worth it in the long run. Have a plan, daily goals & stick to them, biggest thing is not get distracted.

When I get a little cash coming in (first goal get to $50 per week) then will use that to get another couple of domains & build up from there. Then use that to start outsourcing article writers & continue growing.

So my incentive is to make some cash to use to make more that way I am not digging into funds I need for food & rent.

Hope this helps. I know where you are at. Stick with it & it will work.

Steven :))
All you need to know when planning one of the most important times of your life http://www.squidoo.com/preparing-your-body-for-pregnancy

beager
Trust:
Did you have any problems setting up the free hosting from here?
I can't seem to get any of my domains to work
I tried WP, and Multi Profit Websites and both I get a forbidden error
Do onto others as you would be treated and you will be rewarded

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Beager wrote:Did you have any problems setting up the free hosting from here?
I can't seem to get any of my domains to work
I tried WP, and Multi Profit Websites and both I get a forbidden error

Have you pointed your domain name servers after adding the domain to the hosting? It may take up to 48 hours for the hosting to connect to the nameservers.

Also, make sure that Wordpress has been correctly uploaded to your domain. Please double check your directory files. The public_html folder should be empty (on Affilorama hosting) before installing Wordpress.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Hi Beager,

I checked your premium hosting account and I noticed that the .htaccess file of http://portableprojectorreview.com is pointing to index.html instead of index.php. I have changed it and your site is now up and running.

<FILES "*.html">
ForceType 'text/html; charset=UTF-8'
</FILES>
DirectoryIndex index.php

AuthUserFile /home/portableprojectorreview.com/public_html//.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /home/portableprojectorreview.com/public_html//.htgroup

AuthName "Protected Area"
AuthType Basic

<FILES .htpasswd>
deny from all
</FILES>

<FILES .htgroup>
deny from all
</FILES>

Wordpress was not properly installed on your other domain (http://newbieaffiliatenews.com/). Please empty your public_html folder on hosting and install WordPress. Make sure that your files are backed up before emptying the public_html folder.

Hope you'll get your sites up and running soon. Please email us at support or make a post if you need any further assistance.

Cheers,
Michelle
Michelle
Customer Support

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

beager
Trust:
Hello, Michelle
Yes,
My site is up, and thank you
I couldn't figure what was wrong with it, but it is up now
As for the other one I just made that so I will just re-due WP
thanks again :-)
Beage

PremiumMember
mikeg1
Trust:
have you checked any pages yet? getting errors .

Mike
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Hi Mike,

Seems that your site is working fine (the one on your signature). Can you please specify what error you are getting?

Hope we can help.

Michelle
Michelle
Customer Support

PremiumMember
mikeg1
Trust:
That comment was for the thread in regards to beager, some of thier links are not working.
Mike
beager
Trust:
You mean my site Mike?
I am still working on it, and will be putting up a new blog.
Thanks for the heads up though, it is gre8t to see some people.
like you that take the time to tell the website owner there is a problem.
to everyone else that helped me get the site up
thanks

This topic was started on Dec 06, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.