Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Antivirus software

easyrider
Trust:

Antivirus software

I am looking for new antivirus software after my McAfee Security Center failed to stop a nasty virus (the Google Redirect Virus) that I probably got searching for blogs to comment on. I ended up having to reformat my hard drive to get rid of the thing. Furthermore, McAfee decided it was going to renew my subscription (that was about to expire in 5 weeks) by billing my credit card, despite not having any authorisation to do so. The credit card info they had was from an out of date card (my current card has the same number, but different expiry date), yet somehow they still managed to bill my current card. Those guys are crooks.

The bottom line is that I am very unhappy with McAfee and I'm looking for new system. Can anyone give me a recommendation for some good antivirus software - especially free software? Thanks.
Greg

PremiumMember
newstart
Trust:
I won't guarantee that Norton is any better however as of today I have not had any problems with virus's.

Margene Smith
stevencr
Trust:
Hi

I use F-secure.

It is good, and is up for 3 of your computers.

No virus software, NON, is guaranteed to protect from all viruses.

Reason is, if the kid down the road makes a virus today, and lets it loose tomorrow, then it takes a bit of time till the anti-virus programmers get around to realizing this is a NEW virus. And then they will finally catch up with the new code for the anti virus software to say: GO AWAY virus.

And the problem with your card is with your bank, they shouldn't have reissued a card with the same number but different expiry date. That is insecure practice. You bank is not offering you best practice.
--
bedEXCHANGE.co
W http://bedexchange.co/

essexboyracer
Trust:
Norton, it went through a phase a few years ago of being bloated but I think its better now, I use Symantec End Point protection at work and wer still in business...!

Failing that, install and use linux e.g. ubuntu, far less open to infection, I have used it on home computers for the last 5 years
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I use Nortnon 360 myself, and I had a bad Trojan infection before adding it ( I too switched from Mcaffee, which has ALWAYS been prone to viruses) , and thought I would have to kill my hard drive to get rid of it, but norton was able to remove it no problem. Now my comp runs almost like new.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

easyrider
Trust:
Yes, Norton is very good. But I am going to go with something that rates similar to Norton (according to http://www.av-test.org/en/tests/test-re ... ter-42010/) but is a bit cheaper. It is called Kaspersky Internet Security 2012.
Greg

Site Admin
jonathan_l
Trust:
Microsoft Security Essentials is my recommended general purpose AV program these days.

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Free from Microsoft, it's easy to use, lightweight and generally very good at what it does, whereas I tend to find many of the other AV programs out there are a little more intrusive or resource-intensive than I'd like. However, as the others have said, no AV program can guarantee 100% protection.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I like Vipre. It's very efficient, has unlimited home license and it's free to try (15-day trial). :)
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

thel.online.ph
Trust:
I can recommend you Trend Micro Titanium. It provides maximum protection for everything you do online. And it keeps your computer protected from the latest online threats.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
I have been using Avast for the past three or four years. I switched to it after using McAffee for the longest time. So far, so good. The best is it's free :)
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:
I use Kaspersky Internet Securit 2012, like easyrider, and have used Kaspersky for a few years with no problems and good technical support. This was on the advice of a professional in the computer graphics industry.
Kieran

www.moneymakingbuzz.com - the Key to Online Wealth
www.buildthingsdirect.com - the Top Site for Home Improvement Projects

This topic was started on Sep 13, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.