Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Amazon Commission

magtan
Trust:

Amazon Commission

Hi Guys,
I recently started working on Amazon products. I heard that even if people who visit Amazon via your link but don't buy what you were promoting but instead buy other things, you will get the commission for that other thing that they bought.

I tried that on my own link but I don't see my commission though. Does this not apply if they product is sold on Amazon but shipped and sold by another vendor?

Thanks

chettvq24
Trust:
Hi magtan,
It is correct from my understanding that you get affiliate commission for people buying things that you were not even promoting if they click on your link. However, as it is your own affiliate link I do not think amazon allow people to receive commissions from buying through their own link. This could be the reason you don't see any commission.
joshuas
Trust:
Hi,

I do Amazon sites and I can confirm that it is true you receive commissions for any related item a buyer purchasing via your link. This only applies for a 24 hour period though.

Joshua
vqaa
Trust:
chettvq24 wrote:Hi magtan,
. However, as it is your own affiliate link I do not think amazon allow people to receive commissions from buying through their own link. This could be the reason you don't see any commission.

I always have
chettvq24
Trust:
affil96754 wrote:I always have

Not sure if you are saying you get commission or buy from your own link, but technically you are breaking there terms of service if buying from your own link, I would not want to encourage other affilorama members to start doing it even though we all love a discount.

cheers chett
wenching
Trust:
yeah it is true but it takes a bit while. For my case 3 - 4 days to see it :)
holymosses20
Trust:
I have become an Amazon affiliate and I'm still trying to understand how it works. I found a page the other day that told me I would get only 4% but if i added more products I could get 6%? Added more products, I don't understand as you can get anything by going through the links. I already have 4 different links on my site. Can anyone explain this for me? I have not made any money yet...I need more traffic,lol
Thanks for your help
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
The more sales you refer to Amazon, the higher your commission % is.

I don't focus too much on Amazon, but I believe if you sell more than 10 items, your commission rate goes up to 4.5% or 5%, and so on, up to 8 or 8.5%, if I'm remembering correctly.

I hope this helps.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

This topic was started on Mar 15, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.