Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Am I Doing It Right?

pt.hss.30md
Trust:

Am I Doing It Right?

Hi everyone!

This is Paras from India.

I started the AffiloBlueprint course a few weeks back, and have just put up my first Wordpress site using the latest Affilorama theme.

Of course, I've tried my best to do it exactly the way as shown in the course. Even then, especially when it's the first time, one tends to get butterflies in the stomach sometimes and ask himself questions like: "Am I doing it right?"

So it's my heartfelt request to all you experienced IM guys out there to please spare a few minutes of your valuable time and critique my site. You'll find it at:

http://www.preventandtreatacne.com/

I'm planning to go further with the monetizations, etc., only after getting your valuable feedback. Please feel free to say whatever's in your mind - good, bad, ugly ...

Thanks in advance, guys, and looking forward to a great time with you all in this forum.

Cheers!

Paras
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Paras,

So far so good. :)
I suggest your get started on placing opt-in forms so you can build your list. Also, use a variety of applicable images in your articles to add interest in them. Also, your articles have sub-headings in them and you might want to either make them bold or make the character larger so you can differentiate them I ran your website through Traffic Travis and I got the message that you do not have meta tags/meta -description. You would want to place meta-description on your pages since this information is displayed in the search results pages and describes your page's contents.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

pt.hss.30md
Trust:
Hi Cecille,

Thanks so much for taking the time to check my site and offer your valuable feedback. Noted all your suggestions and will be implementing them on the site starting today itself. I'm also getting a few emails ready for the opt in form.

Thanks again, and have a terrific day!

Paras
frankvue
Trust:
Not bad at all. Now get those pages to the top of google. :)
pt.hss.30md
Trust:
Thanks for your encouragement, Frank.

And my apologies to both you and Cecille for my not starting this thread on the right page. I should have checked the entire forum first.

Anyway, cheers, and may all of us make tons of money online!
mark schaaf
Trust:
I think your site looks nice overall, although the color at the bottom makes if very difficult to see what is there. Before i put any of my sites up I played with colors a lot before I made it final. I know there is some information out there that talks about colors that appeal to people more then others so you might think about looking into it. I also think they talk about subject mater when putting colors together because I don't know if you have ever looked but almost all golf sites seem to use the color green.
Mark

pt.hss.30md
Trust:
Hi Mark!

Thanks so much for taking the time to check out my site and offer your valuable suggestions.

You're right about different colors having different psychological effects. Since my site is about acne, right now I'm experimenting with pink, red and yellow - the main colors of acne affected skin (at least that's what I guess!). Let's see if it creates any effect on the visitors.

I purposely made the color at the bottom dark because, as Mark said in the lessons, we really don't want the visitors to read those out of context pages like Disclaimers and stuff. But maybe I should make that red too.

You've mentioned about experimenting with colors on your own sites. Would really love to have a look at a couple of them (of course, if that's okay with you).

Regards and best wishes,

Paras

This topic was started on Aug 10, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.