Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

All Sites in 1 Google Analytics Account, Trouble?

liveinasiablog
Trust:

All Sites in 1 Google Analytics Account, Trouble?

Hey everyone,

I promote language learning products. I have about 10 different sites, some blogs, most sites categorized by language. I send a lot of links back and forth to my own sites. I try to make it look as natural as possible, instead of just putting every site in all of my blog rolls.

I've also been making a new Google account for each site because, obviously, I don't want Google to see that I own all of the sites. It's a pain, though, to log into 10 Google accounts to check my analytics and use web master tools.

So....my question is, if I just use one Google account and put all of my sites in it, will that throw up any kind of red flag with Google. It shouldn't. All sites have original content. I have nothing to hide. I'm not doing anything black hat. I just happen to have 10 sites that are all in the same niche.

...that being said, I don't know. I feel like Google is going to discount those links if all of the sites are put into the same Google account--it will be obvious that they are all owned by the same person.

Anyone have any knowledge about this?

Thanks,

Ryan
bluezen1014_612
Trust:
From what I understand, you'll have more trouble if all of those websites are on the same hosting account.
liveinasiablog
Trust:
It's funny you mention that! I was just going to make another post about that very thing! I use BlueHost, where you get unlimited domains. I have one "primary" domain. The others are "addon" domains.

What's going on with that, exactly? Are all of my domains really just subdomains of my primary domain? Instead of 10 different sites, do I just have one big, obviously connected, network of subdomains?
evilla.drazen
Trust:
The idea of having 10 Google accounts for each of your sites would really be time-consuming and at the same time very hard to manage. I think it is possible to use only a single Google account for all your sites as I understand in this link: http://code.google.com/apis/analytics/d ... ml#sharing

However, I am just not really sure if it would be fine to Google if you all your sites within the same niche.

Perhaps, you can delve deeper on this link I've given you.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I use 2 google accounts for all of my sites. It really doesn't affect your sites that much. Shared hosting shows up as if it were 1 big site to google.The main thing is that these sites will all have the Same IP address, which will give you less link juice. It doesn't really hurt your SEO, unless you are building thousands of links that way.

I personally use a Host Gator Resellers account as well as my Affilorama Premium hosting account to host all of my sites. REsellers account gives you a separate Cpanel for each site ( great for giving outsourcing partners access to 1 site without having access to all of them...) plus it gives each site its own unique IP adress. ( having a resellers account also gives you the ability to sell hosting packages, if you have the ability to offer tech support to your members, but that is a huge undertaking unless you happen to be a tech geek, which I am not...)

One or two links that interlink your sites that are relevant won't hurt your seo, they just won't do much to help from an SEO standpoint. However, if they are passing relevant traffic back and forth, then they are worthwhile links. When I am linking anything, I look at relevance and direct traffic more than what Google thinks. IF you do that, then you will get natural linking that will help your rankings.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

chris72
Trust:
One Google account, one shared hosting account - multiple sites, no problems

:)
Kick-Butt Writing Services http://rachaelmcnaught.com

Outstanding Quality PLR Packs http://niche-plr-products.com

Learn to be a Digital Writer http://thedigitalwriter.net/

easyrider
Trust:
James, for your Hostgator resellers account, do you get tech support from Hostgator for all the domains that you personally use?
Greg

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
not sure really. I have never needed it LOL. most of what I do is really basic stuff anyway, and I have never really had to contact their support except for once when I first moved from shared hosting to the resellers account. When I did that, they got right in and helped me real quick.

that was almost 2 years ago, so not really sure how their support works now. they may have changed it since then.

When I first did it, I was running a script that shared hosting was causing conflicts with, but I have since quit running that script. but, I found other advantages to the resellers account. it is a little more expensive (mine is $24.00/month) but I like the convenience of having everything on its own cpanel, and everything is much easier to keep organized.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

easyrider
Trust:
It would be handy to have an account in which every website has a different IP address so that if you do something "naughty" in the eyes of Google and get a website de-indexed it can't affect your other websites. However, it is possible that if they are all on the same IP address Google could de-index them all.

The big issue for me would be whether Hostgator would provide tech support for my different websites on a resellers account. I have needed to use their tech support a few times when my website has crashed.
Greg

liveinasiablog
Trust:
That's one of my worries too, easyrider. These days, though, I don't do anything at all on the dark side. With my first site, though, last year, I paid a company to get me around 1200 forum profile backlinks--in 3 days. My site shot up in the rankings. Then one day it went from 100 hits a day to 8 hits a day. IT's been stuck there for ages!!

Now I have 3 more sites on the same BlueHost account. ...and I'm putting 9 more! I'd hate for them to be penalized too! I get conflicting info about this. Some say it's no problem. Others say that it's better to get different ip addresses.

This topic was started on Aug 29, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.