Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Aletta is leaving!

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:

Aletta is leaving!

Hi lovely people!

As you might know, here in the southern hemisphere it is turning into Winter. We have condensation on the windows in the morning, and today I wore my gloves to work for the first time.

This is completely unacceptable!

As a result, I shall be departing for warmer climes this weekend: I'm off to go a-meandering around Malaysian Borneo and parts of Indonesia for the next two months before continuing on to further locales in the northern hemisphere, where Winter shall be but a distant memory...

So I will be taking my leave of Affilorama, AffiloBlueprint and this forum -- as much as it pains me to leave you guys when you're just getting started. But Mark is definitely still going to be around, and you'll also have Nick and some of the other guys jumping in to answer questions. They just might not be as prone to rambling as me :)

I might pop in now and again to see how you're all getting on, and I expect to see some pretty awesome sites being built. I also expect to see you all being nice and supportive of each other... there are a lot of you who have been around since the start, and you've all got massive brains by this stage. Make sure you're helping the new guys.

It's been an absolute honour to spend time in this forum, and to meet (figuratively) all you guys. I wish the absolute best for you and yours. Keep going and you'll do great.

All the best, people!
Mwa!
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

PremiumMember
nick
Trust:
It's a sad day indeed in Affilorama land.

I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that you will be missed, your help in the forum has been invaluable! Your commitment to posting in the middle of the night to make sure all the new people are on the track has been very helpful!

Hopefully you wont stray to far away from the forum!

Now... where is the going away cake, this boys hungry!
auscast
Trust:
Good-Bye Aletta. . .

I do appreciate all the help that you've provided here on the forum.

I also hope you enjoy your travels.

Andrew
PremiumMember
francesc
Trust:
Too bad :(
I love that the videos have 2 voices, first time I watch videos like these ones.
Good luck!
19 years old chilean blogger, a very creative kid, sometimes too creative
Look mum! I'm a moderator!

dphmarketing
Trust:
<sigh>

I wish you the best in your travels Aletta! We'll miss you dear.

Actually, the same thoughts have been going through my mind recently. I've grown to absolutely hate it here in the states. Our government is a joke and will likely bankrupt the country in the coming years. Our social security system is nothing more than a big ponzi scheme that will eventually collapse. We have tax cheaters throughout our government...it's a disgrace.

I've found myself searching out places like Panama, Uruguay, Brazil, Argentina, etc. Today, I was reading about Malaysia...(great minds think alike! ;-). Maybe I'll see Aletta over there!

I need to find a nice tropical location where the cost of living is minimal, the Barney Franks and Tim Geitners of the world are a distant memory, and where Clickbank makes bank deposits.

:-)

Dennis

P.S. Sorry for the negative post. We'll miss you Aletta!
PremiumMember
graceharman
Trust:
Farewell Aletta! You will be missed enormously for your wonderfully witty and wise missives on the forum, in support and within the Affiloblueprint course. Hope you have a terrific time travelling and don’t forget to keep in touch :)
Take care,
Grace
evobilly
Trust:
WHAT!!!!!
leaving can't be this must be a bad dream!
you can't leave, what will we do with out you. you better visit now and then im gonna hold you to that:)
have a good time you will be missed.

Billy
For the best guide to sell physcal products as a affiliate check out Matt Carters Rapid Profit Formula http://online-income-masters.com/getrapidprofitformula.php

If your having trouble re-writing your articles i recommend checking out this tool to make it quick and easy http://goto2.com/rewriter

If you want to outsource your articles this place seems to be good value and easy to deal with, and its free to sign up they offer a 100% American writing team http://bit.ly/bhv4Fu

vuedoolor
Trust:
buy us some souvenirs!
successgran
Trust:
Was it something we said?

How sad when we have only just met!

Have a wonderful time exploring the world and come back soon.

Bev
daytimer60
Trust:
Im glad you didn't leave 2 months earlier or I wouldn't be here. I can't thank you enough for your support and I wish you all the best....

Take Care,
Wayne
pwbogle
Trust:
Aletta,

Bon Voyage! One word of advice….

Please don’t let me see you on the next season of National Geographic’s, “Locked up Abroad”!

Far too often the show depicts Brits (which I am :-0), Aussies, Kiwi’s or Yanks. Shackled in some God forsaken part of the world, wide eyed and scratching their heads, wondering why smuggling 250 Kilos of H, is considered unsociable?!?!

I’d hate to see you in all HD glory talking about “the guy said it’s legal in Indonesia!!!”...Just kidding of course :-))

I for one will miss your rapier wit this summer!

Good Journey,

Paul.
dewey
Trust:
NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! DOOONNNT GOOOOO!!! I suppose that won't help. DANGIT this sucks. But, at least you'll get the chance to see some nicer weather! Enjoy the trip! You are coming back eventually, aren't you?
fivestarhb
Trust:
all the best Aletta, thanks for keeping Mark honest (delete, delete) humorous. Your input has been great, particularly with the wp.Normally I would say give us your facebook id so we can follow your adventures, but I m sure you dont want several hundred of us added to your FB friends, Come to think of it - I dont have time for social networking - too much work to do with this Blueprint stuff. Gotta make it pay!! Have a great trip and look farward to hearing of your travels.
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Normally I would say give us your facebook id so we can follow your adventures, but I m sure you dont want several hundred of us added to your FB friends...

Not if you're all going to do those "how would you fare in the zombie apocalypse" quizzes all the time. (Although that one was amusing.)

I shall be erecting a blog of some variety, so if anyone wants to keep tabs on which country I'm being a dork in presently, you can read that once it's up :)

There will be no talk of affiliate marketing though, so you might class it as a distraction!
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

beablessing
Trust:
OOOhhh....Did i read it right?

I am sorry to hear it because you have been such a great help in the forum. But I am pretty sure that Mark will find a replacement. Its just that you have been a familiar figure in this forum and I always read your post (and Mark too) because I know I will learn something from it.

Go girl....have the time of your life. May God bless you wherever He may take you.
Get all the tools you need to build your AB site at

Test drive MME's Website Creation Software here: http://www.easynichesitecreator.com. (Now on pre-launch offer).

PremiumMember
avidpoet
Trust:
You two make a good tandem in the videos. Cause you ask him alot of questions that I want to ask. Have fun on your trip. I read the first part of your profile and it said you liked long walks on the Beach so Im not suprised you jetting for warmer climates. Have fun and do chime in from time to time.
dante515
Trust:
Hey Aletta is this just some kind of test to find out if you're loved and appreciated?
I hope so....and ....you are....
or
were you just so creeped out by the dude who 2x's commented on how your sexy voice was such a turn on and it's got you running for Borneo?
I hope not.....
Hey I'm Italian and I know someone who knows some one who knows someone who can take care of that business...if you know what I mean. ; )
Just say the word...darling girl.

Thanks for all your input and contribution. You'll be greatly missed.
Dante
robynm
Trust:
oh wow, I only joined recently and appreciated your words and actions on the screen.

I can relate to the winter effect, hense I am in the desert : )

good luck I wish you well enjoy!!!
backhoe48
Trust:
So long Aletta. You will indeed be missed. Thank you for all your help and your infinite patience. You have been an enormous help to me and I know that sooo many people are grateful for your input..
Wherever you travel you will find friends I'm sure. Stay away from Asian gnomes and little brown ladies stroking wooden frogs with small sticks. Good luck and best wishes.
Sean
carolet
Trust:
I will miss reading your posts on the forum, but I'll still have you in my videos.

I hope you have the trip of a lifetime and can only hope you'll be coming back when it warms up.

Carole xx
There but for Me go I.

kkrueger
Trust:
Oh My Gosh, Aletta, I have just gotten here, and I am going to miss you!

I love watching the vids, you have done such a great job with them. I recognize and appreciate all the hard work you have put in.

I really value your site critiques and all the selfless help you give.

I am wishing you well, and blessings for a new life and new experiences.

Take care and best wishes...and keep us updated with your blog address.

I'm going to miss you :(

Blessings...
eddiec
Trust:
OH NO ........................... but you sound so lovely!
rmacias
Trust:
Sorry - this is completely unacceptable!

J/K - enjoy your travels and warmer weather!

You will be missed!

PremiumMember
skiesyourlimit
Trust:
Have an exciting and safe journey! Thank you for your great humor and banter in the lessons...makes it a little less painful. The weather hear in Oregon is dreadful as well and I would love to join you....too bad the kids are still lingering around and I have this new crazy business just about to skyrocket! You will be missed!
PremiumMember
gardener
Trust:
hey Aletta

I am only here a week but especially because of that I have become used to hearing your voice and the added value where you two made such a good team.

No doubt that will continue but i will miss you being around here.

Yet I understand what you wanna do and where you are off to is great for that, so enjoy it, those are amazing places.

I could give you some Google advise Links LOL but that is not necessary I bet.

Enjoy !!!!!!!

Blogs? yes :)
getprofits_709
Trust:
Have a great trip stay warm and thanks for all the positive contributions here

Brian
PremiumMember
nichemaster
Trust:
Say it isn't so!
Listening to your wit and ramblings on the recordings was always a welcome relief from Mark's (no offense Mark) recordings. Your techniques made the learning fun. Oh well, at least we still have the recordings.

All the best in your travels, can't wait until your blog is up to read about your adventures.

God Speed in your travels.
"The #1 Resource" for serious entrepreneurs seeking RAPID AND DRAMATIC GROWTH, increased cash flow, increased Business Profit, more stability and more freedom in their business lives is just a Click Away! http://ProvenBusinessProfitPipeline.com

tnm1234567
Trust:
What?!?!?! :'(( You'll be missed. Weird how you bond with a video....

Have fun in Malaysia! Come back soon!
Thank you in advance for your wise advice.

Yours Truly,

randaloopy
Trust:
I'm sad to hear that you're leaving. I really enjoyed your contributions on the ABP videos. You and Mark made a good team on the videos. I'm gonna miss your humor. Best of success to you Aletta and I hope I come across you again soon.
jaywilsonjr
Trust:
Damn, what a bitch...

You will be missed, I have really enjoyed your posts.

Good luck in whatever you do going forward,

- a sad Jay
joecool
Trust:
Aletta,

I have three words for you - "YOU ARE AWESOME"

Your reviewed my first affilioblue print site for me back in December 2008 and the points you made really helped me.

There is only one "Aletta" and you will be very much missed.

But good luck with the warmer weather. My family and I will probably be joining you soon, since that is one of the reasons I started this whole IM stuff so that I can move around and live anywhere in the World and be able to still make money online.

Anyway, good luck.

p.s. the name "Aletta" I have not come across it before - do you know what it means? Just curious...
Carlton

robertino
Trust:
For the short time I'm a member I enjoyed your witty remarks. They are the glue of the board. Hope you'll be back at Affilorama when it's getting colder where you're going to.

I was going to say : "In case you didn't realise, there are computers outside New Zealand. So stay in touch."
But someone else already reminded you of it.
So I just say "Stay in touch."

Robert

P.S. I know that Nick is working hard to let Travis behave, but could you remind him to put an "Updated"-badge/button or just plain text next to the videos that were updated ?
Sorry Nick!
traderp
Trust:
Thanks for everything Alletta. You are the best!
gillesjh73
Trust:
All the Best ! I really like the videos and I am becoming hooked - so great job!
dailyfocus
Trust:
I'm dumb founded!! Really.... this is a SHOCKER!! are you kidding? The forum will not be the same without Aletta!!

WILL SURELY BE MISSING YOU...

All the best to you take care. Enjoy yourself in Malaysia and Indonesia. God bless!!! :-)

THANKS a ton.
PremiumMember
psa777
Trust:
Hi Aletta,

What a loss for us! But looking out of the window, I can understand that you are heading for warmer climates. I am just glad that you recorded the lessons before, since it really makes it so much more pleasant and interesting to follow the course - what a great concept.

Good luck to you and enjoy the big wide world. I have lived in 9 different countries and worked in 13 different ones all over the globe - but New Zealand is the Best! So I am sure you will be back.

Cheers,
Peter
My first Affiloblueprint webpage (work in progress!): http:// www.247freepower.com
My Facebook address: http://profile.to/peter_sapiatzer/

PremiumMember
gisi2009
Trust:
I am wishing you the best and thank you for your assistance.
Michael Podgoetsky.
jjperkins
Trust:
Only "known" you a short while but your style and humour will be sorely missed!
Have a great experience & do call back in from time to time :D

thisisit
Trust:
You've made so much difference to a newbie like me with witty and yet to the point comments. Very attentive, down to earth and pleasant!

Wish you all the best and have a wonderful time!!! :)
PremiumMember
julia82
Trust:
thank you for all the timely response
we will miss ya :-)
all the best
PremiumMember
oliver007
Trust:
I hope you enjoy your travels and thank you so much for all the help and support you have given to all of us.

Regards,
Olivier
PremiumMember
bajamike
Trust:
Hi Aletta,

I just joined the AffiloBlueprint 2.0 and am familiar with your lovely voice on the videos. Sorry you are leaving, but you will have the most incredible times on Borneo and Indonesia in general. I spent a lot of time traveling there myself and Borneo was a mind-blowing place for an adventure lover. They've got the phenomenal rainforests for hiking and animal watching, mountain climbing, river rafting, and if you are a diver be sure to go to Sipidan-unbelievable. Have a great time!

Bajamike
PremiumMember
bajamike
Trust:
by bajamike on Sun May 10, 2009 10:39 pm

Hi Aletta,

I just joined the AffiloBlueprint 2.0 and am familiar with your lovely voice on the videos. Sorry you are leaving, but you will have the most incredible times on Borneo and Indonesia in general. I spent a lot of time traveling there myself and Borneo was a mind-blowing place for an adventure lover. They've got the phenomenal rainforests for hiking and animal watching, mountain climbing, river rafting, and if you are a diver be sure to check out Sipidan-it's unbelieveable, as is much of the Indo. diving. Visiting the Komodo Dragons fromone of the liveaborad dive boats that work those islands is another thing you'll remember the rest of your life. Have a great trip!

Bajamik
PremiumMember
bizinhome
Trust:
Hi Aletta

It's sad to here you'll be leaving, i've only just finished listening to the 1st week of affiloblueprint but it's already very clear that you and Mark make a great team together, plus the last extra video just cracked me up LOL, I assume that was your idea, it doesn't seem very like Mark ;) It was a great way to put emphasis on the importance of the topic.

I wish you luck with your new life and adventures, you're doing exactly what i want to do long term as well, although i wouldn't mind exploring some of the colder countries like New Zealand too ;) After having watched Lord of the Rings some 6 times or more I cant wait to check out some of New Zealands scenery for myself ;)

Please do update us with your blog URL.

All the best

Jayen
barbgabo
Trust:
Just when, at the ripe old age of 65, I became your 'new best friend' - now I won't be anyones 'best friend'.....(sob, sob)....
I should not be surprised that you are leaving - anyone as zany as you (obvious on the videos) can't be held back to a simple place like NZ (or Australia for that matter) for long. You must have gazed into that crystal ball and woooo, whooooo...you saw yourself all warm and cuddly......

I do hope you enjoy your new life and don't have any mishaps with your travels. I have not known you for long - but I will definitely miss you. Tell the guys, that as much as I am sure they will be of great value to us, we need another zany female on the Forum too.

Bye and good luck - have a wonderful time.
Barbara
Barbara Gabogrecan is an author, artist, entrepreneur, dog trainer and judge. She thinks outside the square using the power of positive energy.
http://gabogrecanstrokerecovery.com/
http://www.silkpaintingbygabogrecan.com/

jasondodd
Trust:
Robertino wrote:P.S. I know that Nick is working hard to let Travis behave, but could you remind him to put an "Updated"-badge/button or just plain text next to the videos that were updated ?
Sorry Nick!

Hi Robertino ... not sure if you've already had an answer to this but I've checked with Nick and this should be working
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

jasondodd
Trust:
Just a quick ps to this thread to confirm that Aletta has in fact left the building and will no doubt be dealing with the hot & humid stickiness of Borneo (no sympathy from me - it is getting way too cold here! altho I do have my new snowboard to console me :)).

It's strange not having her sitting across the desk and a little scary for me as she's left some big shoes to fill and as much as I wouldve loved to have taken on her sharp-as wit and depth of knowledge on all things affiliate marketing, that doesnt always come automatically by osmosis.

I'll be looking to get more involved in helping out around here to give you guys as much help and support as you need. The idea is really to make sure you all get the most from the great content you'll be getting throughout the AB course. Sure I still have my learner plates but if I don't know I have plenty of knowledgeable gurus around me, so keep those questions coming!

From the comments I've read it sounds like we have a great family of forum members with plenty of you enjoying good success and having plenty of fun in the process. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Jason
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

tom11980
Trust:
Thank you so very much Aletta you will be sorely missed I wish you all the luck and may the wind always be at your back and the sun in your face. Again I can never thank you enough you will be missed
PremiumMember
mazira
Trust:
Hi Aletta..
Hope you will enjoy your visit..esp in Malaysia..as I am from Malaysia!! Probably you can extend your visit to Kuala Lumpur and come to teach me the AB tutorial..LOL
Anyway, all the best and thanks for everything!!
tairimaoate
Trust:
You the bomb Aletta!!!

But...you gotta do what you gotta do and I'm sure although you will be missed, deep down we would all do what your doing if only..."we know what you know". You have been an absolute backbone to the Affilorama crew and we have always made it a point to read and digest your feedback, advice, insights etc. I share the same sentiments with others who have communicated the same. Mate, wish i was going where your going ..JUST TO Follow the SURF.....lucky you.

Thanks for all your help. Travel safe. Blog it hard.Will follow your travels with as equal interest. God be with you.
Kia orana
Your Cook Islands students!!
jacksonlin
Trust:
Are you going to go forever? Like forever-ever? Or just a while!?

Why are you forsaking us! =P

=[

Boooooooo!

Just kidding, I hope you have a great time, in fact you are living the dream! My dream! To travel the world living off internet marketing (I assume).

Come back and tells us interesting stories!

Hooooray!

J
rubanz
Trust:
Aletta is gone!

I guess I can't ask you a million questions anymore!

Have a blast because you deserve it!
PremiumMember
jstalker
Trust:
Say it's not so! Thanks so much for all your brilliant techy insights and knowledge, not to mention your delightful personality. I'm so envious to hear about your travels and would be more than happy to carry your bags for you. I hope you will drop in and visit us every once in a while to make us sick with news of your exploits. I'm sure Mark will miss you even more than we will. Have a wonderful time on your travels - you've earned it.
Last edited by jstalker on 13 May 09 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

lorne
Trust:
Bummer, I really enjoyed her humor. :-(
richmannow
Trust:
Happy trails Aleta,
Hope you enjoy the warmer climate and have a fantastic journey in the east. NZ will be just a distance memory to you...

Let us know how you get on. Have fun~! :)

Shaun
tuxonio
Trust:
Hate to see you go Aletta...your are a light in affilorama...will miss your voice and insight in the videos...you brought fun to them....take care and enjoy your ride...best...Arturo
martgy
Trust:
Aletta is coming to somewhere near my country of residence though... in South East Asia.

I on the opposite, hate the weather here. I will always need a fan or air-conditioner. The humidity over here is 80 - 90%. Imagine getting sticky even when you are sitting still. You can sure the back of your shirt will be all wet if you need to walk some distance. I prefer cold weather, not freezing cold though.
Never seem to finish setting up your website or sales funnel ? Problem selling Clickbank products ? Confused about technical details ? Read my blog for a solution - http://martg.cbpirateblog.com You'll be glad you did.

ftanired
Trust:
Hi Aletta,

Are you leaving Affilorama for good?! Or are you eventually gonna come back after you're done travelling?!

Wishing you lots of fun in your world journey! I envy you!
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Hey lovely people!

I totally just logged in to read all these comments. I'm sure there must be a new term dying to be coined to describe this kind of behaviour. Thank you all for your lovely sentiments... I'm currently sitting in a hostel in Kota Kinabalu in Sabah and I'm in fits of giggles and "awww"s reading them all.

The computer and/or internet connection here is super slow, however, so I won't be contributing much more than this. I'm typing and the words on the screen are catching up about ten seconds later. I type fast, but not that fast.

Anyways, just to say that I'm having a lovely time so far. I went snorkelling on one of the islands off the coast of this town and saw my first sea turtle. While you guys are here wrapping your heads around affiliate marketing, my biggest problem at the moment is that my dorm mates don't believe me that I saw a turtle! Apparently it's hugely rare to see them on that island.

It's such a horrible problem, I don't know how I'll ever cope :)

Today I have a date with a bird sanctuary and a hill. And tomorrow I have a date with a long bus ride. Be sure to all think of me and my aching backside tomorrow, ok? :D

ttenaglia
Trust:
Aletta,

We will all miss you.

Thank you for teaching me the importance of the graphic designer's view of a site. Those learnings will be with me forever, and I'll do my best to share them with others...

Best,

Tom
The REAL Secrets to Getting Her that She Won't Tell You: http://DatingWomenBlackBook.com
The Only PROVEN Way to Learn PHP in 14 Days...Guaranteed: http://OnlinePHPClass.com

blumenta
Trust:
Dear Aletta,
You've become a celebrity and you don't even know it :)
It was a pleasure listening to you.

Take care out there, and have the time of your life
Just do it :)
treston
Trust:
I am sorry you are going. Your interjections and questions were so valuable to a newbie like me. Have a great world ramble. Best wishes
Geoff UK
geoffjackson
Trust:
Have a wonderful time.. Make sure to take a snazzy camera so you can remember it all for years to come!
briancol
Trust:
Cheers Aletta, have fun and enjoy everything on your break! sad to see you go, and sorry for the late post!
tereppc
Trust:
Hi Aletta,

Enjoy your fun... Probably you could setup a blog and upload some of the interesting (or weird) pics you have taken. Perhaps you could name it as "The Adventures of Aletta" aka AA... I believe the readership should be good... :P
justonce94
Trust:
Sorry for the confusion but who's Aletta?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
She was an Affilorama staff Member but she has since moved on.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on May 07, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.