Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Affilorama's New Face :)

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:

Affilorama's New Face :)

The Affilorama site is getting a facelift!

The front page was given a few tweaks, particularly the header. You have a black nav bar on top that gives you quick access to the Support page, your Favorites and your user profile.

The blog was updated too and just yesterday, we updated the look of the forums. Sticky threads are in yellow while those that you have not viewed are in Bold letters. The Post New Topic and Post Reply buttons are now on top, so you don't have to scroll down the page to do so.

What do you think? Anything else we can improve on the site?

Hope to hear from you soon. All the best!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

tankctrlr
Trust:
Everything looks great! Love the look of the blog and forum, I've been noticing the small changes here and there, was kinda fun to see the 'evolution' of what was being done these past few days.

I especially like the new input text box for posting a reply (what I'm using right now), it is way more responsive than before, the one before was a bit laggy, at least for me it was.

Anyway great updates!

p.s. What does the thumbs up do? (I asked someone through the PM system but I never receive messages through that thing lol)

p.s.s. Just thought of something else, how about a post preview button? to preview posts.

p.s.s.s. lol Just thought of something else what are the Trust stars? Where do those come from?
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi tankctrlr,

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it! :)

p.s. What does the thumbs up do? (I asked someone through the PM system but I never receive messages through that thing lol)

The thumbs up is the equivalent of the Facebook Like. If you like someone's post, or find it particularly helpful, then you can click on the Thumbs Up button to say "Thanks!" or "I like your post."

The PM system is a way for all of us Affilorama members to interact. If you send a message to support, you will receive a copy of it there.

p.s.s.s. lol Just thought of something else what are the Trust stars? Where do those come from?

The Trust Stars are what you build up as you accumulate Thumbs Up. :) You can read more about it here:
How To Become A Trusted Affilorama Member

p.s.s. Just thought of something else, how about a post preview button? to preview posts.

Hmmm... There should be a Preview Post button. I think there was one before. I will check with our developers. :)

Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

tankctrlr
Trust:
Awesome! thank you Cecille for answering my questions and for the link.
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
overall, I like the new look. the one thing I notice missing is the symbol letting me know there is new posts in a thread. is there something there that I am not seeing that denotes new posts in a particular thread? I use that a lot with watching threads of interest so that I don't have to keep going back to see if there is something new added to the conversation.

I know I can subscribe to each individual thread, but I stopped doing that when I was getting over 100 emails per day notifying me of updated theads.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

Site Admin
jonathan_l
Trust:
Hey James,

Sort of but not quite: posts you haven't read have slightly more bold links in the forum listing, and posts you have read do not.

However, I agree they're not that obvious, so I've filed a feature request internally; we'll see what comes of it :)
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
We added a brand new Dashboard! :)

When you log in to your Affilorama account, you will see your "Dashboard" which shows you the newest forum posts along with the products you have access to.

Do you love it or hate it?
Cecille

PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
one thing that has always been lacking in this new forum is a "new posts" link for posts that you have not read yet.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi promocode,

New posts were marked before. On this new version of the forums, the new posts are in bold letters. I think Jonathan has sent a similar feedback to our developers.

I appreciate your feedback! All the best!
Cecille

kinni
Trust:
Hi, CONGRATULATIONS for the new look...its' looking SUPERB- and for Improvement... Sky is the limit.. Certainly we will talk- And again Congrats & Thanks....
Ashok Sinha

This topic was started on Mar 21, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.