Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Affilorama Free Lessons Useful?

PremiumMember
j2134
Trust:

Affilorama Free Lessons Useful?

Hello, I know that the free lessons are an overview of the concept of affiliate marketing, but is it possible to earn money from just following the steps from the free lessons or is Affiloblueprint needed? Is there anyone that earned money from just following the free lessons?
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Hey Jay,

The free Affilorama lessons aren't really designed to be a step-by-step system for building affiliate sites. They are (as you assume) more of an overview of the main concepts, with some ideas for ways you can do things thrown in.

I'd recommend that you go through them (and see what other people are saying around the web as well) and see if you've got a clear picture of what you need to do.

If you've already got a bit of background in building websites, or you've got a head for marketing, then you might not need anything else to get started trying things. (Getting started is the key: Almost nobody gets it perfect first time, you just need enough knowledge to get something out there and start analyzing the results yourself, then tweak accordingly.)

If you find that you're still completely lost or completely uncertain, and this is stopping you from even getting your "test site" online (I like to think of first sites as "test sites" -- it means you're less emotionally invested in it) then we have our products AffiloBlueprint and AffiloJetpack to help.

AffiloBlueprint is the step-by-step training that you can just follow, one lesson after the other. It goes through all the nitty gritty of choosing a niche, setting up a website, getting traffic to it, and monetizing it correctly. It's a strategy for building resilient content-rich sites that don't get smacked around by Google :)

AffiloJetpack is basically all the difficult, time-consuming and expensive parts of AffiloBlueprint done for you. You get a niche, articles (or article research) and a massive newsletter list that you can plug into your AffiloBlueprint-style website. We usually recommend this for people who know how to build affiliate sites (or are going through AffiloBlueprint) because otherwise you don't realise why it's so good, and it just looks expensive. Hah!

But first I recommend that you just do the free lessons. See if you have enough confidence to give something a go -- even if your first attempt is rubbish. There are lots of different ways to do affiliate marketing. The method we show you in AffiloBlueprint is just one way of doing it. You might be able to come up with something else that's interesting :)
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

thejewel
Trust:
Having an idea what affiliate marketing is, I could probably use the free Affilorama videos to start me off but I would still prefer to get AffiloBlueprint to help guide me step-by-step. This is just to make sure that I'm doing everything properly and correctly. I wouldn't want to spend too much time, money and effort only to go back to AffiloBlueprint because I've made a lot of mistakes along the way.

I hope this helps. :)
elyfields
Trust:
Hi everyone,

I’m glad I found this thread. Thanks @j2134 for starting it.

Let me just say some things about my situation first. I’ll try to make them relevant to the topic, of course.

I started studying Affilorama’s free lessons exactly 6 weeks and 3 days ago. I have all the time – OK, let’s just say I’ve got it for a year, full time, hopefully. I have grown sick of any job, at least the job where I would be working for someone else. The job that would certainly change the way how I look at myself and at life in general. Yes, I am biased by now as I have been doing research research research about internet marketing for the past 6+ weeks. When I see the light on a job that I do – well, based on my previous jobs, when inspired either by my hardworking co-workers or just something new or productive a company may offer – I put 101% of all that I’ve got into it. That’s what I heard them say.

Anyway, I just got a teeny bit of a problem. I’m just broke to purchase AffiloBlueprint.

OK, I think all those ‘broke’ guys have at least been skeptical about purchasing such products. I am ‘broke’ in a sense that the money I got now should just be used for those ‘other ways’ that I would have to discover yet in going around affiliate marketing. Hope you guys know what I’m talking about. I could come up with the money to purchase AffiloBlueprint if I were that obsessed. The ‘worst case scenario’ for me, if you will, for my ‘broke’ premise.

Don’t get me wrong. I think the Affilorama free lessons are golden. And I’m pretty convinced that AffiloBlueprint is the way to go. It’s just that all those products and scams in the internet world have further twisted my already-twisted perspective on the matter (on buying stuff). And you know what? I haven’t built a website ever, and the only thing I know about marketing is how to spell it. But I am grateful that I just learned what affiliate marketing is, that there is such a thing. Thanks to a friend of mine. Anyway.

Turns out that one year may not be enough. And my skeptical hair would tell me to wander into, of course, here, Warrior Forum, Affiliate Fix, Google and you know, wherever it’s all free. ‘As long as you know what you’re looking for.’

I hope you guys understand what I’m talking about.

My point here mainly I guess is that I’ll be glad if there will be people here who'll share some success stories from benefiting from Affilorama’s free lessons only.

Cheers,
Ely
Ely

PremiumMember
grantbuff
Trust:
Anyway, I just got a teeny bit of a problem. I’m just broke to purchase AffiloBlueprint.

Ok, unlike 50 something years ago when there was no internet, life would have been very miserable if one is broke. Well, generally, you won't have very many options if you are broke at any period. Nowadays, we can still look up internet for many opportunities. If you haven't thought about this, look into doing some microtasks online. These are different types of works - data entry, writing, surveys, etc. They are refered to as crowdsourcing tasks. There are few sites where you can go to: mturk, clickworker, microworkers, etc
mTurk(http://mturk.com) has the most tasks that are proper. By proper means that any tasks requiring you to sign up for offers, to enter any financial information, or to enter any private information are violating its term. Anyway, they won't make you rich, but you can use any earned money to fund your affiliate activity. You can raise money towards buying Affilorama Blueprint.

You could also become a freelancer. Look up Elance, O'desk, Fiverr, etc.
One disadvantage with sites like Elance and O'desk is that you compete with others and lots of time employers look for the lowest bid possible for pay.
Last edited by grantbuff on 28 Oct 14 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Learn Affiliate marketing step by step with AffiloBlueprint - http://www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint?aff=gar4on

elyfields
Trust:
Thanks for the informative response, Grant.

No excuses this time, I believe.

Cheers,
Ely
Ely

This topic was started on Apr 23, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.