Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Affiloblueprint theme for physical products??

PremiumMember
catmar
Trust:

Affiloblueprint theme for physical products??

I was wondering if anyone was promoting physical products and if so would the Affiloblueprint theme work well for this or would it be best to use a blog theme and do posts?

Thanks,
Catherine
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Although Mark teaches with clickbank products, you can monetize the AB sites with any products that you want. Mark just teaches Clickbank because that is how he makes his money.

I know several people doing physical products with ab sites.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Catherine,

As my brother pointed out, Mark teaches info products because that's one area where he has had a lot of success. As an affiliate, you can make money off of physical products, but the commissions will be smaller on physical products (usually somewhere between 2% and 6%, though this varies with the product being promoted) than with an info products (many on Clickbank offer 50% to 75% commissions). The higher commissions on info products and the low cost for running a site (although you can spend a lot more than this, you can easily get by with $100 to $200 a month to get started) mean a better profit margin.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Wait... You mean you guys are brothers? Wow! Where have I been?

But yeah, you can monetize any way you want to. At the end of the day, the AffiloBlueprint theme is just another wordpress theme and people make money from wordpress blogs countless ways--Amazon, Clickbank, Adsense, their own product, etc...
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

PremiumMember
nick
Trust:
Just pushed out an update - same location for download :)
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Thanks Nick you are awesome...
yes Clayton, WAKE UP lol.

we have been brothers my whole life.

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:we have been brothers my whole life.

But not mine ;)

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

sonitin
Trust:
if it doesnt annoys you two brothers I'll like to add something ;)

I found it best to start with clickbank because of high payouts. Once you are comfortable doing that and have some money going then you should start looking for other programs like Amazon, shareasale and other revenue sources. I am not a fan of adsense because in my niche they pay too low, however you can experiment with it!
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

faradina
Trust:
Like Clayton, I have been clueless all this time. About Grady and James being brothers, I mean. So I take it that Grady's the older one, since he hasn't been brothers with James his whole life, but James has been. Arghh, that's a really bad sentence!!! But I am sure you understand what I mean.

I agree with Sonitin that adsense pay is too low, but when you have a site that seems to be going nowhere, i.e., can't monetize it effectively or articles/content not flowing as they should, or have a domain that you can not use for your niche sites (wrong choice of domain name, and you can't sell it) why not slap on some google ads, for content, for domain.

But on the whole you should stay away from adsense if you can and go for the high commission clickbank products instead.

And did you know that you can potentially get up to 100% commission if you promote clickbank products that are featured on profitpal.com? I do not know how they are able to give 100% commission but I won't trouble my pretty little head about it, as long as they live up to their commitment.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
thats a great tip Faradina. thanks.

100% commissions would be :D

we haven't kept our relationship a secret. it has been mentioned in about a dozen or more threads in the last year.

urbiz4u
Trust:
Hello everyone, My Name is Brad Gardner. Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I really look forward to chating,working,learning and helping with everyone here. This site is very impressive. I cant wait to help promote it. I am not not totally new but I am a burn out MLMer (I stii love that industry) But I wanna feel like I am more working for myself and from home. God Bless Brad Gardner
"Helping others help each other so we can all succeed."
www.explorefreedom.com/bradg

PremiumMember
catmar
Trust:
Thanks Guys for your feedback. Having a family member involved in internet marketing must be great, just to have someone to bounce ideas off and discuss things with would be so encouraging. Not one person I know has a clue about IM which makes it a lonely road.
Anyway if I could just get your opinion on using trademark names in a domain name. I know that this is a big no no but was wondering if (just for example) I wanted to promote Toy Story figurines or Toy Story tshirts could I change the order of words around eg. StoryToytshirts.com without stepping on any trademark toes. Also would this be acceptable from an seo point of view? I have heard that the order of words doesn't matter as long as they are in the domain, what do you think? I understand it wouldn't be very people friendly but since my main objective is to get them to a product site I thought it wouldn't matter as much as it would for a Clickbank product.
Yes, I do know that Clickbank is where the money is but I have been writing about yeast infections which is pretty competitive and also a topic I'm so not interested in. I've only made one sale which has been eaten up in Clickbank fees so I thought I'd take a break and try a physical website but will go back to Clickbank hopefully refreshed to try again.

Thaks for any thoughts,
Catherine
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hi Brad and welcome to our fun little house. have fun , and dont keep your questions to yourself.

The first mistake you made is right ther in your post. choosing a niche you are not interested in. although it has been proven to be effective, and i am doing so myself with a jetpack site, the only people who i know that have succeeded in a niche that they arent interested in are people who outsource all the writing.

look for a topic that you are interested in or else hire a writer to create your content.

usually big name brands like Toy Story wont let you use their name, and will actually take legal action against you for trademark infringement. if it is not a trademarked name then it is OK, but if there is a trademark, you cant use it.

I understand those clickbank fees. however, if you choose a niche that you are interested in, and focus on it, you can overcome that barrier.

That being said, you can still get some decent commissions on physical products. I started up a site a few months ago on woodworking. with 10 years as a professional carpenter/ custom cabinet maker, I have a lot of knowledge and passion in the niche.

I promote a variety of clickbank products with plans and blueprints as well as top tools via amazon. the tools are expensive enough that I get a decent commission for the work to promote them, and i do it on an AB style site.

This topic was started on Jul 27, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.