Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Affiliates with free downloads - Will the sales come through

moonman84
Trust:

Affiliates with free downloads - Will the sales come through

Hi, my name is Jay and I am new to this website and advertising in general. I have a question in regards to websites like (registry cleaners, adware spyware removers, rocket spanish etc..) These sites all offer free downloads or free trial and I would like to know if these are worth taking a risk on? The reason I am asking is because it has been a few days and the clicks are coming but no sales have been made yet. Is it possible with these types of sites to get a lot of targeted clicks and no sales in the first week or two and then all of a sudden seeing sales being made (from those who had tried it free first)? I hope I am making myself clear as this is my first time ever posting in a forum.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
How many clicks have you had? I didn't make a sale for 3 years when I started.
moonman84
Trust:
I am averaging about 60-100 clicks per day and this is my 3rd days. I am promoting two registry cleaner sites and rocket spanish as all of these had a high gravity and good payout. I had been promoting a car auction membership site before that (I have been an affilliate for a little over 2 weeks) and had made 16 sales in about 10 days. I had a CTR of 0.32 but I was averaging one or two sales per day which I think were coming mostly from content network. Since I have had this program (affilorama) I have not made a sale with the car program because I have since turned off content network. I understand that to start again the right way and get a higher CTR I have to decrease before I increase so that is understandable but I do hope the sales will resume with my car program because this is the fourth day without sales. For those wondering how many clicks I was getting for carsearch when i was averaging 1-2 sales per day, I would say anywhere from 140-220 and the majority of those were content sales. Now I am getting 10-20 clicks per day but at an average of 0.70-1.00 and climbing. Anyway, I am sure by implementing these formulas from affilorama will start to pay off, I think I just need to be patient and like my original question about the registry sites and rocket language sites, I might have to give it a little time as many people may be trying free trials or taking free lessons in rocket languages case.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Hmmmm well the content network is NOT recommended for beginners. However, if you are profiting with the CN turned on then leave it on for now because if it's not broken, don't fix it. But with that said, also try to improve upon your CTR - or just make a new adwords account for a non-content network campaign.

Can u give some examples of the keywords that were/are performing for the car auction yet underperforming for the adwords? Private message if you do not want everyone to see.

Regards,

PS: Can you break those posts into more paragraphs please :lol:
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I dont know for sure, but Im guessing your problem is your keywords. Are you bidding on very general keywords or keywords with FREE in them?

Like Adrian said, a little more info will make it easier for us to help you.

Cheers.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

moonman84
Trust:
Thank you both for your willingness to help. To answer your questions my keywords are actually getting around 1.3 average CTR now. I am using a mix of my own keywords and some that the sites recommend. I am also using a lot of exact and phrase match.

for example with cars I used to use terms like cheap cars but decided to go more targeted like: car auctions or police seizures etc... But I guess my real question has to do with my original post.

When it comes with sites that offer a free trial or free download is it best to give that campaign a week or two in case the majority of people are trying the product out at first? Because the CTR is high so it seems to be doing ok but just havnt converted yet. For those who didn't read the first post this query was in regards to sites like: registry cleaners, adware spyware removers and language sites such as Rocket Spanish, German etc... Thanks again for all the advice I have gotten so far.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Just from personal experience... I think the spyware/adware market should be left for someone in their later advanced years of IM. It is a hard market to get into really well. As for the trials........... I don't think Rocket Spanish offers a trial?? Do you mean the 6 day email course?
moonman84
Trust:
yeah, i do mean the 6 day free course.