Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Affiliate Website Question?

PremiumMember
sierracommerceco
Trust:

Affiliate Website Question?

Hello all. I am new to this forum. It has been a pleasure to read some of the comments and the information in this forum. We own a Sports shop and are building a website for our product lines. We would like to branch into affiliate marketing and we were wondering if we should use our current site that is being build and place our affiliate links in our shop website, which will include blogs and articles and reviews. Of course our affiliate niche would be sports and fitness.

Or, do we need to build a separate affiliate website. We are spending quite a bit of money having our sports site built and not too sure we want to spend more money on a separate site.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks...
Jason
info489
Trust:
Hi Jason,

As an affiliate myself - I would rather have a sub-domain that I log into to track my stats etc, yet send my traffic to a website that has everything I need - lots of content, lots of trust factors, reviews, social media activity etc.

So essentially, I would rather send traffic to your current site, yet have an exclusive "affiliate sub-domain" where I can track my clicks, traffic etc.
http://myleadgenerationbiz.com - How I Make My Living Online

PremiumMember
sierracommerceco
Trust:
Hey thanks for the reply. That's a great idea. One question: How does Google and other search engines view sub-domains? Will it hurt or help our SEO and rankings?

Thanks for the advice!!

Jason
info489
Trust:
Hi Jason,

The sub domain will be part of your site for your affiliates to sign in and track data etc, so Google wouldnt be able to see the content anyway - so you might as well just block the sub domain from being crawled.
http://myleadgenerationbiz.com - How I Make My Living Online

PremiumMember
sierracommerceco
Trust:
Forgive me for any ignorance as this affiliate marketing is all new to us. But when you say "your affiliates", what are you talking about? I am not looking to have affiliates market our products (not yet at least), but I would like to become an affiliate for some quality sports and fitness products say through click bank or some private companies as an added revenue stream.

Again, sorry for our ignorance....
Thanks for your responses...

Jason

This topic was started on Jul 22, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.