Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Affiliate product pages (low traffic & low CTR)

nates450r
Trust:

Affiliate product pages (low traffic & low CTR)

I really need some advice on whats going on here.

all my article pages are getting daily traffic (with slim to none) CTR (text links)
my review pages are hardly getting traffic with the same low CTR.
my opt in rate has never really been on fire either.

last year was a great year for this site about mid year till october, i started making about 1 sale every 15 days
(not a lot but it was a foundation to build on--(seo only site).

october was my last sale but from tracking the stats of the site there were alot more traffic to my review pages.
so its not hard to figure out why i was making sales (i have made sales from all the products on my site).

as of today my website is getting about 30% more traffic than last year but the traffic to my review pages has tanked. (before i was getting seo traffic direct to my review pages)

I really need some advice becouse this site makes money i just dont know what happend.

in october i added a facebook page for the website and changed the header graphic (but that is all) ands thats when it seemed to go down hill.

i have not changedc any content--- the website layout is based roughly on the wowblackbook website.

here is my website http://www.abdominalsuccess.com

EDIT---- i switched the opt in and the product reviews panels in the right panel
(product reviews panel was above the fold--now its below the fold and the opt in is above the fold) and no my opt in rates have not improved
nates450r
Trust:
anybody with any idea's why im not getting CTR??
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi nates450r,

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty with your site. I'm sorry too for not responding to your post sooner. There could be a couple of reasons why you are not getting enough clicks on your CTA links. One reason could be your layout. I find there is much information all over your site and looking at it as a user, it's a bit overwhelming. You might want to take out one of the sidebars and settle for just one sidebar. You have a drop down menu on top of you page so you might want to categorize your articles under them. You might want to keep your recommended products and the opt in box where they are now.

I noticed your articles do not contain any CTA (call to action) links. You might want to place one or two in between two or three paragraphs of your article. Make them interesting too like instead of saying "Click here..." say something like "Lose that belly NOW!".

You might also want to go over this blogpost:
7 Ways to Boost Your Conversions

Hope that helps. Have a great weekend!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hi Nate, the fact that you are getting the traffic is a great thing. thats more than most people ever get. Now, to increase your conversion rates, there are a lot of factors to look at.

1. how engaged is the reader with your content? Looking over your articles, some of them are okay, but some are kind of boring to read. Remember, people make decisions emotionally, and if you aren't making that emotional connection, it will be harder to convince them to buy a product.

So, if you are trying to convince them to buy a product, try to connect with them on an emotional level. Don't just "stick to the facts", get personal, and digg into how people feel, and how following what you want them to do will change that for them.

2. Affiliate links need to have a strong call to action. This call to action needs to show how their needs will be met.

Instead of saying, "The information in this article is from xyz product" it should tell them what you want them to do, and give them a reason why (again emotional attatchement to solving their problem will help)

For example Instead of saying, This article is from "Truth Aboout Abs" I would say something like

, If you are ready to get your flabby abs under control today, I highly recommend that you check out the best guide to reduce body fat fast!

<<Bold, Change Font, Size 18 pt, affiliate link>>Click Here To Get The Best Guide to Reduce Body Fat Today!<<end link>>
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

nates450r
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:Hi Nate, the fact that you are getting the traffic is a great thing. thats more than most people ever get. Now, to increase your conversion rates, there are a lot of factors to look at.

1. how engaged is the reader with your content? Looking over your articles, some of them are okay, but some are kind of boring to read. Remember, people make decisions emotionally, and if you aren't making that emotional connection, it will be harder to convince them to buy a product.

So, if you are trying to convince them to buy a product, try to connect with them on an emotional level. Don't just "stick to the facts", get personal, and digg into how people feel, and how following what you want them to do will change that for them.

2. Affiliate links need to have a strong call to action. This call to action needs to show how their needs will be met.

Instead of saying, "The information in this article is from xyz product" it should tell them what you want them to do, and give them a reason why (again emotional attatchement to solving their problem will help)

For example Instead of saying, This article is from "Truth Aboout Abs" I would say something like

, If you are ready to get your flabby abs under control today, I highly recommend that you check out the best guide to reduce body fat fast!

<<Bold, Change Font, Size 18 pt, affiliate link>>Click Here To Get The Best Guide to Reduce Body Fat Today!<<end link>>

thanks for your input i will start the week off right and go though my articles
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:

Just to add, since you will be going over your articles... I found that writing on a personal level helps build a relationship with readers faster compared to an informative article. Try and make your articles sound "friendly", start off with a personal anecdote or experience with losing weight. Give your articles a person's voice that they can relate to. That will certainly help you with getting those conversion.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
That is absolutely true Cecille. The more personal you can get, the more trust you build, and building relationship with your readers is what your content is all about. otherwise, we would just do product reviews and leave it at that.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on Jan 23, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.