Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Affiliate Marketing in Japan

nates450r
Trust:

Affiliate Marketing in Japan

I wanted to know if anyone has has had any luck marketing in Japan? Mark said (in most recent webinar) to market to countries that have credit cards. He also mentioned that he has had luck selling stuff there.

I have been there and know people who speak English
What are your thoughts on this??
Last edited by michellerana on 02 Feb 10 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

faradina
Trust:
There are indeed people in Japan who speak English albeit not too many, and most who are fluent in it are the "gaijins" (foreigners). However, I know there is great interest in learning English among the Japanese and I think that if you can find a product or service to promote that addresses that need, Japan is a good market. Korea is a good market for the same niche, too.
jhangora
Trust:
Hi Faradina. I was in S Korea for 3 years and understand there is a big market for learning English there. I made a few hundred $$$ thru a blog post on Jupiter Jack and decided to get a few self domains and devote myself fully to affiliate marekting.

Which products/affiliate networks wud u suggest for S Korea and Japan. What's ur view on the market in India.
faradina
Trust:
I haven't really gotten into the language niche yet so I do not have recommendations product-wise. But you can use this lesson on How to Find Affiliate Programs as a guide in your search for products.
As for India, there are a lot of English-speakers there. (I have heard that many US companies outsource their customer contact processes over there because of that.) That would mean that the market for the English language niche in India is not as good as in Japan and Korea.

This topic was started on Feb 01, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.