Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Affiliate marketing and India

nates450r
Trust:

Affiliate marketing and India

I have had it i cant keep it in any longer i have been around my fair share of people from india and from what i have seen from "my" own eyes is they are cheap or like to act cheap.

About 95% of the visits my websites get from india they sign up for the "free" report. but i have never made a sell from India.

Now, i know india is a poor country or mostly poor . So how can they afford a PC??? if they cant afford a $37.00 affiliate product?

What are your thoughts on India and affiliate marketing? am the only one getting fed up with this?? to me it looks like they are just searching for freebies.

To tell you the truth i dont get excited about opt ins from india.

in no way am i trying to degrade people from india at all. i just can understand there logic. both online and offline when it comes to buying somthing. I have pesonally seen a indian man try to hagle the price of a coke at a 7 eleven from $2.75 t $2.00.

i mean come on
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
In India, from what I've heard, $37 for an ebook would be an entire week's wages for the average person. That's a lot for them to shell out, so the ebook had better solve a real problem for them. They aren't going to pay that kind of money for a bonzai-growing ebook or any sort of "hobby" in my opinion.

I've made sales in poorer countries like India and the Philippines, but I think you really need to target "problem" niches if you want people to pay a significant amount of their income. I don't know what niches you're in, but that might explain your problem...

I've never been to India, but in SE Asia, where the cost of living is significantly lower, most people have netbooks, which really only cost about $200 or so, rather than a full on $1000 computer with all the bells and whistles. I imagine it is probably similar in India.

Hope this helps.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

sheepfarmer
Trust:
Do you feel better now that you have let it out? I am really wishing that I wouldn't have read it but I did.
Give somebody a hug>> http://www.cafepress.com/artbyemily1

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
I understand where your frustration is coming from. As Clayton has pointed out, a USD$37 eBook is equivalent to a week's wage in India. They *are* being cheap, and for good reason. And like everybody else, they would go after the freebies.

I come from the Philippines and the economy here is tough. Still, people here are able to afford to have both a desktop AND a laptop. That's the power of a good credit line, I guess. And then there are people that are just really good at handling their money.

There are other markets that you can focus on that will bring you more sales. Also consider the niche you are in and what your products are trying to solve. Some markets are more likely to purchase products in a particular niche than others.
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
Everything said above it true. But you have to realise that when you're dealing on the Internet, you are dealing with people from all around the world. Therefore you will be selling/interacting with people from various cultures with various attitudes.

For example, I'm Australian and some things we do here in our country (seen as normal) would be seen as strange to Americans, just as things Americans do would be strange to us. The same goes for all countries, including India, because all our attitudes, societies and cultures vary. And from my own research the wealth in India is heavily weighted to a smaller population more so than Australia or USA, so I think finances is something the majority of the people in India need to pay more attention to.
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

nates450r
Trust:
Thak for all the comments and informatin.

I completly understand that money in india is tight as well as other countries (im living in thailand) . I guess im asking about india more so than the other countries is because 1 of my websites is ranking well on google india. So thats why i see a lot of clicks coming from there, im not "targeting" india.

the website with the most india clicks is in the fitness niche.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Maybe your articles are good (that's why you have a high optin rate) but your product is not targeted to the market in India so they are not buying it. What you could do is research and find a good product that is specifically focused on your market (ie losing weight through Yoga, Indian foods that make you more healthy and lose weight).
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Zani
Trust:
How do you target a certain country?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
nkgari wrote:How do you target a certain country?

You could find what topic is unique for your target country.

To rank locally, build backlinks from sites with country domain extensions. Getting listed in local directories and putting your country address on your domain registration will also help you rank locally.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

stevencr
Trust:
If i earn $500.00 for a week wages, there is no way i'd spend that on one product. That's madness.

Don't blame them. You might earn $1000.00 in a good week, would you spend all of it on quarter of a tank of gas? I think not.
--
bedEXCHANGE.co
W http://bedexchange.co/

This topic was started on Sep 04, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.