Affilorama Birthday
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Affiliate links not allowed in Wordpress.com?

wayfarer
Trust:

Affiliate links not allowed in Wordpress.com?

Hi guys,

I just opened an account with wordpress to start a new blog to channel a link to my website.

Then I was informed that a Wordpress blogger got his account suspended
for posting affiliate links.

Anyone got this experiences, any advices would be appreciated :shock:
Happy Fri 13th!
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I assume they're talking about spamming.

If you host wordpress on your own server, then they can't suspend any accounts, because it's all yours :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

wayfarer
Trust:
hi sean,

Can one host wordpress at hostgator along with your website, any extra charges? 8)
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Wayfarer wrote:hi sean,

Can one host wordpress at hostgator along with your website, any extra charges? 8)

Yes you can.
wayfarer
Trust:
Hi adrian,

I'm trying to locate the Wordpress icon on my Hostgater CP.
Do you know the exact location of this feature?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Go into CPanel and find fantastico. It will install wordpress for you in there. It's a matter of clicking 2 buttons I think.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

wayfarer
Trust:
yeah sean done that...

I find it weird when I try logging into wordpress, it does not accept my CP username and password.

Do I have to reapply thru wordpress free blog account or what?? :roll:
wayfarer
Trust:
Basically I don't understand the use of fantastico feature of wordpress.

Can't I just link up my website thru the free wordpress blog? Confusing,,,
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Even though by the looks of it you got it up and running in the end, I'll put a reply here for anyone else looking.

If you're setting up a wordpress installation on your own hosting space using Fantastico, you will be prompted to enter an administrator username and password for wordpress. This doesn't have to be the same as your hosting/cPanel username/password. Once it's installed you'll be able to log into the wordpress administration area by going to www.yourdomain.com/wordpress-installati ... /wp-admin/ .

Your "wordpress blog account" (hosted on wordpress servers) and the wordpress you host on your server are completely separate.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

quantumsolutions
Trust:
Any chance we could get a little more detail on how to host a blog directly on our own domain? I have a word press account for free. I see the fantastico icon at hostgator and I see wordpress to the left but how do I install wordpress in fantastico. I have read the installation instructions at wordpress but it's a bit greek to me.

Above in the post, there is a mention that it is like 'two clicks'. If that's true, please enlighten.

If it's as complicated as it looks on the wordpress installation instructions, that's okay, i don't expect you to redetail what they have already done. I guess I will have to re-approach this later when I feel like really digging into the fine details it seems are required to get wordpress on your own domain.

Thanks again and again and again for all you guys do.
Susan
quantumsolutions
Trust:
forget it. Answered my own question---actually hostgator answered for me.

It is very easy. Just to cpanel / fantastico / wordpress / new installation and go from there.

The words 'new installation' were in black instead of blue like the other links so I didn't realize I could click on it. Duh!!