Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Affiliate E-mail Critique

ajmcclary
Trust:

Affiliate E-mail Critique

Hi everybody! I started a review site, sort of like Reviewica, but I instead organized all of my categories they way they are organized on ClickBank. Anyways, I'm trying to contact publishers to see if I can get sample reviews from them that are already written and possible complementary copies of their products as well.

Before I send my e-mails out to over 300 publishers, I would love to know your opinions on my letter. Here it is:

Subject: I would like to be your affiliate

This letter is for the affiliate manager.

My name is Andrew McClary and I am Google AdWords Qualified. I am a member of ClickBank and I am working on a review for your product on my newest website--Review Rocket--and I wanted to know, since I've never purchased your product, if you would be able to provide me a sample review for your product. Short, sweet, and to the point is fine, I'm just looking for something of quality to add to your portion of the review site.

Also, I would love to receive a copy of your product (since I'm promoting it) so I can add to the review and elaborate. I would buy a copy through my affiliate URL, however I'd much rather spend the money promoting it on Google AdWords. As you can see now from the URL above, I have simply copied one of your testimonials as a place holder temporarily. If you can provide me something better, I am very confident that I can promote your product and help bring your sales to the next level.

Thank you so much for your time!

Andrew J. McClary

A.J. McClary www.whirledvisions.com

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
That would work for me. Not all merchants are going to send you stuff, but some will.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

ajmcclary
Trust:
I hope so. It's taking me so long to get everything together!

Have you guys heard of "Affiliate Elite" thats coming out in the next few weeks? It would make contacting these people a lot easier! I could actually less if the publisher sends me a copy of their product or not. But it would help if they could provide sample reviews, I can promote it a lot easier.

I've got two major projects going on actually--my own product and also this review site. I had no idea that it would be this much work!

Thanks for the advice!
AJ

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yeh, I've heard of affiliate elite, looks like it'll be pretty handy for merchants, wonder what else it will do.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Its good to try to get free copies of affiliate products. Sometimes they'll give it to you, often you might need to rub your reputation in their face a bit first. If your site is up and going and looks good, they might be more inclined as well. But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you :)

Any good affiliate program manager should be able to provide you with sample reviews or other affiliate material if you ask. Otherwise you can do a trawl around the internet and see what other people are saying, or reword sales copy to sound like a review. That's a bad karma way of doing things, and often your visitors will be able to smell a sham review, but sometimes its the only way.

If they do send you reviews, make sure you reword them a little bit before posting them on your site. Chances are, they would have sent that review to other affiliates as well ;)

Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

ajmcclary
Trust:
I've sent a few e-mails out. So far, everyone has sent me sample reviews. To be honest, I really could care less about some of these products. But if I'm able to give a better review based off of one, I'd rather have a free copy.

I'll let you guys know how things go.

Thanks for your advice Mark!
Andrew