Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

adsense

PremiumMember
mystique_fab
Trust:

adsense

Hi guys,

Just wondering, does putting adsense on your affiliate sites hurt your conversion and opt-in rates? Coz I'm thinking of putting adsense as additional income.
elizar615
Trust:
would like to know this too, thanks
Feasible Business Model - Create $20/day niche website with 'money words' that are extremely easy to rank for (Web2.0 profiles, Forum Profiles and Articles for Directories is all you need in a scheduled submission! Niche Profit Shortcut is what it's called.. then repeat 10 times! (that's $200/day!) only at

http://www.nicheproftclassroom.com/ - by Adam Short.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bloggingparents.com/
-------------------------

bizbop
Trust:
Well I will just say this, I turned a site that followed AB 100% but only made 1 sale in one year to a adsense site and now its making .50 a day, not astronomical but at least it is gaining a steady flow. Now I just have to work hard on the site to get more rankings etc.

Why I say this as having any significance is for the fact that the way that the ads where placed on the site is pretty much identical. People just seemed more apt to clicking on the Google ad then the text or image for the Clickbank products.

I'm sure I probably could have tested this better but I am working on different projects now that are more fruitful then this particular site, so I will get round to it someday.

If you haven't looked at it yet I highly recommend you Google SEO heatmap (make sure to use Google Images), it will show you what parts of a given site will be more likely to receive clicks. It will show you where a good place to have your ads should be as well.

To answer your question, from my experience with this particular site I will say it most definitely can hurt your site's affiliate links and opt in. The good news is if you aren't making money you can see some kind of gain.

But to be honest and fair I used adsense as a last resort as I was completely pissed off at this site lol. Run through all of your options first and test the crap out of em I say. And know upfront that you need to earn a minimum of $100 through Google Adsense before they send you a check. A very long time if you are making anything less than a couple dollars a day haha.
PremiumMember
thebigventure
Trust:
dont do both. why lose potential sales to 50cent adsense clicks (and that's if you're lucky)?
depends on your niche, and your keywords and the type of traffic you're targetting. if its heavily buyer keywords dont use adsense. if its more informational or slightly buyer, then use adsense...
oh btw... only use adsenes for niches where you're going to get paid out A MINIMUM of 50cents per click, otherwise its simply not worth it.
http://www.TheBigVenture.com - Started 6 years ago...finally making $15,000+ per month now!

bizbop
Trust:
n0thsa wrote:dont do both. why lose potential sales to 50cent adsense clicks (and that's if you're lucky)?
depends on your niche, and your keywords and the type of traffic you're targetting. if its heavily buyer keywords dont use adsense. if its more informational or slightly buyer, then use adsense...
oh btw... only use adsenes for niches where you're going to get paid out A MINIMUM of 50cents per click, otherwise its simply not worth it.

Good tips n0thsa I agree with ya, it really isn't worth it unless you are focusing on adsense to begin with and that is not what Affilorama/blueprint is about. I'd say use it as a last resort if you think that your site is an absolute dud; it may spark your creative juices and you can attack it later.

IMO a little bit of gain is better than non at all as a small confidence boost can get your motivation up.
digiblue
Trust:
I think adsense should not be the primary means to make money online. There are adsense models that do work very well and some I still use but overall I would spend 90% of my time promoting affiliate offers and/or getting the opt-in. For small mini-sites like the ones built following affiloblueprint, adsense is a poor choice, unless you have promoted the heck out of your site, tweaked, tested, and tweaked some more and still it doesn't turn profitable, then I will usually put adsense on it and leave it alone and go build some more Websites.

Too many people get hung up on one Website alone but if you are following a mini-site approach, rather than creating an authority Website, then quality and quantity in production is where your aim should be. Having said that, only build enough Websites where you can promote them adequately, either by yourself or by outsourcing.

So if you are creating mini-sites, then stick to affiliate offers and/or getting the opt-in. Don't do all three or just adsense alone at first. Use it as a last resort for these types of Websites.

Hope that helps,

Alex
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
I wouldn't put in Adsense on affiliate sites because they can take away potential customers. I usually put adsense on my blogs to monetize them but keep them off my affiliate websites.
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

toprecruit
Trust:
What is the normal click rate in per cent of an adsense ad?
Liked my answer? Dont forget to vote thumbs up ;)

PremiumMember
mystique_fab
Trust:
Thanks for all responses. I took out adsense from my affiliate site as soon as I've read the very first reply :)

This topic was started on Jun 25, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.