Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Adrian and Sean: Give Us Your Story!

lunatunes
Trust:

Adrian and Sean: Give Us Your Story!

I've been reading through a lot of the archive threads in the forum and I
have not come accross a thread telling how you two came into the business.

It would be great to know how you got into internet marketing.
Did you know a little bit about internet marketing already when you decided to get into it full swing? Or did you get into it as a newbie.
What were the first few things you attempted to try and make money at.
Did you fail.....Did you succeed?
How old are you guys?

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!! :lol: :wink:

Blessings,
Randy
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
lunatunes wrote:I've been reading through a lot of the archive threads in the forum and I
have not come accross a thread telling how you two came into the business.

It would be great to know how you got into internet marketing.
Did you know a little bit about internet marketing already when you decided to get into it full swing? Or did you get into it as a newbie.
What were the first few things you attempted to try and make money at.
Did you fail.....Did you succeed?
How old are you guys?

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!! :lol: :wink:

Blessings,
Randy

Man you should of asked this a couple days ago, I had a whole long post to someone by private message about my story now I have to re-type it :lol:

Did I fail or did I succeed..... ahhh... the age old question. I consider everything up until now a good learning experience. If you have come across Affilorama without any prior programs, books, software or whatever, count yourself lucky. For the past 6 - 7 years I have been trying to get an online business up and running. I guess it was the fact my brother owns a national site on saltwater fishing tackle. That is actual shipping though and he deals with customers all day. I wanted to work from home but not have to deal with customers and so I landed into the affiliate world.

My first site was horrible and it was selling hunting knives and bandanas. I think I sold like one knife lol Anyways that lasted about a year and then I tried to convert that site to sell electronics. I had no idea how to get a site ranked so I really don't know why I was doing that :shock: like hello??? Oh well lol

So then I changed that site once again to do satellite TV and low and behold I sold 1 product that made me $50 dollars. I said "This works!", and then I began the search for optimization. I came across a great read by B.C named SEO Made Easy I think? It's great for the onpage stuff, then I knew I needed links but I didn't know how to get good ones and I was very impatient, so I kept moving on and found the rich jerk, to find out he actually is a jerk and really doesn't teach you what you need to know. I spent hundreds of dollars on crap companies doing things for me which I am still battling with on the credit cards but that is another story.

Anyways few months go by and I see my site is ranked for a term I was playing around with and I said, wait.... the links work! Then I ventured into pay per click at Wealthy Affiliate. They helped out alot but PPC sin't my thing. I have my expertise (well knowledge) in SEO and I came across here by selling an affilorama and then I met Mark. This program has helped me focus and I do more now than I used to working at a local store around here. So I'm finishing up University on a scholarship while doing this so by the time I finish school this is giving me a full time income. All you need to know is in the videos here - believe me! Oh... and I am only 20 by the way. Sean I guess your next ....

Adrian,
lunatunes
Trust:
That's good stuff Adrian. Very encouraging to us newbies to keep moving
forward. Thanks for sharing :)

Randy
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
lunatunes wrote:That's good stuff Adrian. Very encouraging to us newbies to keep moving
forward. Thanks for sharing :)

Randy

Your welcome.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Ok, my story. Where to start....

I guess I'll go back to year 8 (1998) in high school. Me and a friend had a plan to make money off the internet. My mate told me that some sites will pay you 50 cents for a click on their banner. I setup a small page and he got a script written that made people click on the banner before they could visit our proper site. We promised some free stuff on the other side, I won't say what (15 year old boys....) but there was nothing, so those people got stooged. I think we made about $2 and thought that was pretty cool. Anyway, for whatever reason, we never really got too far and so I went back to studying hard :)

Fast forward a few years later, I'd finished high school, spent a year at the Defence Force Academy in Canberra, studying Aerospace Engineering. After the first few days I realised it wasn't for me, but I ended up staying the full year...

So I went back home and continued engineering for another 2 years, where my greatest achievement was getting 50%, 50% and 53% in my subjects one semester.

After failing yet another subject over summer, I decided that I needed a break from school. I just couldnt be bothered anymore. So I took a year off, got a job, planned to go overseas and found out about IM.

I really battled in those first months of IM. I spent all I was earning at my job and really had no idea. I came across Wealthy Affiliate too and they helped steer me in the right direction. But there was still something missing. I felt like I was running around chasing dollars all day, rather than building a business. And I was also losing waaaay to much on adwords.

Then I came across Mark and things started looking up. I headed off overseas for a few months then arrived back home in november last year. Since that, with Marks help, I've been kicking goals. I wasn't sure if I could start repaying my debt without a proper job, but with Marks guidance, I've been able to keep my head about water.

So, looks like that crap factory job last year will be my last ever experience of actually "working for the man". And aren't I happy about that!

What does the future hold? Who knows, but I know I am going to be very successful at this and I'll do just about anything to get there.

Hope that sheds some light on me :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

lunatunes
Trust:
Thanks Sean! Actual life stories are always the best in my opinion.
Kinda like a testimonial.

So which Marketing method was the one that first started making you money? Money that was worth mentioning anyway.

Thanks,
Randy
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I lost more than I made with adwords, until affilorama was launched, I made some nice cash with that :)

Now I've been having some success with SEO and even playing around with myspace. But the myspace cash is going straight back into my sites.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

crowzy
Trust:
Great stories guys. Thanks for sharing.

Considering your age and your level of knowledge and determination I am sure that in a very near future most of the internet marketers around the World will know who Sean and Adrian are.

Browsing through your numeruos posts in this forum everyone can see how friendly and down to earth guys you are.

Your willingness to help us newbies is overwhelming.

Keep up a great job.

I wish you both all the best.

Cheers
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Thanks for the nice words crowzy.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Just want to emphasise something for all of you who are struggling, or maybe aren't very patient. I got into IM around February last year. I floundered around for ages and nearly gave up a few times.

But I didn't and now I'm doing ok.

I remember hearing about a speech Winston Churchill did after the war. Apparently he got up on stage and said "never, ever, ever, ever, ever, give up". And then he walked off the stage.

Thats the kind of philosophy I have and I don't think it would hurt for you to take that on either.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
crowzy wrote:Great stories guys. Thanks for sharing.

Considering your age and your level of knowledge and determination I am sure that in a very near future most of the internet marketers around the World will know who Sean and Adrian are.

Browsing through your numeruos posts in this forum everyone can see how friendly and down to earth guys you are.

Your willingness to help us newbies is overwhelming.

Keep up a great job.

I wish you both all the best.

Cheers

Thank you, please ask anything you need because I know what it's like to be frustrated and lost... believe me.

Adrian,
kxdhar
Trust:
WHAT AN INSPIRATION STORIES !!!

THANK YOU FOR SHARING TO US....

RGS, :lol:
seasprite
Trust:
how very cool to hear from "real life" thanks adrian and sean.

i occaisonally,well ok almost daily ,need help with a cranium-derriere extraction...i agree the focus is needed,but the encouragement that it actually works is invaluable.

please do share more real time tips

:lol:
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Just don't give up :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

kiwikool
Trust:
Great Stories,

Good to see the results come through for you guys and your advice and help on here is awesome

Weldone!

Matt 8)
Search & Review Products With http://www.somethingabout.com

geoff pun
Trust:
:D thanks for sharing, sean & adrain, thanks to lunatune for this post too. :lol: it's does mean a lot to newbies like me, that there is someone like u guys & mark to lend a hand and answer to those desperate help calls. sure is encouraging ! :lol: good on u & keep up the good work!
PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:
I know the two of you have helped me heaps and it IS good to hear some REAL life stories.

I.M. can be so full of BS that it's nice to hear the truth once in a while and it helps spur the rest of us on.

Thanks Sean & Adrian
PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:
I know the two of you have helped me heaps and it IS good to hear some REAL life stories.

I.M. can be so full of BS that it's nice to hear the truth once in a while and it helps spur the rest of us on.

Thanks Sean & Adrian
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
You guys are welcome! Just keep on pushing ... won't know how you could of done unless you try :)
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
No worries. I'm glad people are getting something out of my posts. I'd feel a bit silly if I wasted all the time I spent here :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com