Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Adding Video to website

nates450r
Trust:

Adding Video to website

Im using xsitepro

i want to upload a video i got from a company that wants me to promote there product.
the video only plays with quicktime.

can i or is it possible to imbed quicktime in the webpage so the video plays when the visiter clicks play?

what i did was downloaded the video to my pc (from email)
went to OTHERS TAB
RESOURCE MANAGER and added the video (is that correct?) its a MOV FILE

went to the page i wanted the video on ( insert link/other files/video/THEN THE VIDEO I WANTED

it came up as a text link
so back to my question is there a way to imbed quicktime in to the page so the video play??

sort of like youtube videos.

update 10 minutes later---
got the video on website (i found the bit of code) but there is a bit of script showing on the webpage above the video

this is what it looks like width="600"height="400" classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab"

other than that seems i answered my own question, but i dont know how to get rid of the bit of script showing
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Would it be a problem to upload the video to YouTube and then simply embedding the YouTube video on your website?

In my personal experience, this is much easier to do.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

jethro.aragon
Trust:
Hi nates450r,

I think you just need to check your HTML tags if they are opened and closed properly. Normally that happens if you copy and paste some codes you get from the internet and might have missed some parts of the code while doing it. Just go through your codes again and double check.

I also agree with cterao. Embedding videos from youtube could be a lot faster and helps in saving the bandwidth of your site. And since youtube is using Adobe Flash for their videos, users won't experience a lot of problems viewing it since almost all popular browsers are Flash ready. Some browsers might have problems with the quicktime plugin. I hope everything works well with your site.

Jethro
-Jethro-

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.”

nates450r
Trust:
well to tell you the truth uploading the vid to youtube never crossed my mind lol--next quick question when the end of the video its says CLCK HERE TO BUY NOW is there way to add a link to the video???
jethro.aragon
Trust:
I think it's better if you put a link below the video that say's BUY NOW would be a better idea... for SEO purposes. But I think there's a way you can do that in Youtube. I suggest you try experimenting because i think I saw a couple of videos on Youtube that shows some links after playing, I don't browse Youtube that much.

Jethro
-Jethro-

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.”

This topic was started on Aug 16, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.