Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Adding an Adsense Account in a Wordpress Website?

PremiumMember
wall69
Trust:

Adding an Adsense Account in a Wordpress Website?

Hi Everyone,

I've developed a website using Wordpress instead of Xsite Pro but I can't find whereabouts I go to in the admin area to add my adsense account.

I seem to have trauled through everywhere, but I'm sure it's just me being blind.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Nicola
jeremylawson
Trust:
Wordpress itself doesn't directly help you insert Adsense code into your website.

There are, however, Wordpress Plugins.

You access Plugins from the Wordpress Admin area. Go to "Add New" and you will be met with a search page. If you just search for "adsense" you'll find lots of different plugins that help you out.

Personally I only choose Plugins that have 5 stars. This means other users have tried it, and they're aren't finding anything wrong.
I also tend to choose Plugins that advertise how simple they are. I know some people want lots of options, and to customize it. I just want to get it working with as little effort and learning as possible.

My recommendation is Simple AdSense Insert.
It fulfills my two criteria, and as a bonus it's up to version 1.4 this means they're actively developing it, so if anything happens - like google changes how adsense works - these guys will make sure their Plugin still works.
hi guys!

PremiumMember
wall69
Trust:
Thanks Jeremy,

That's saved me heaps of time.

Nicola x
PremiumMember
wall69
Trust:
Hi Jeremy,

Are you sure that simple adsense insert is compatible with the Affiloblueprint theme?

I've installed it however it isn't showing up on the list (under settings). It's showing up on the list of pluggins though......bizare :0

Is it just a gliche?

Nicola
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
mabey im missing something, but why would you want adsense on an affiliate site? distract customers away from your $20 commission for a $1 click, doesnt sound good to me
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Hi Nicola, I agree with jmpruitt. If you're building your Affiloblueprint site, it's not recommended to have adsense as it would take people away from your site.

Ampie
PremiumMember
avidpoet
Trust:
Not only that but most of the Clickbank products dont warrant enough search volume to make good money with Adsense. Some do but you have some keywords that are excellent for Adsense type sites and some that arent.

This topic was started on Jun 11, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.