Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

About .com and .be and .nl

ingrid.vanlinden
Trust:

About .com and .be and .nl

Hi guys I'm wondering about choosing the right domains. When I will buy the Jetpacks I have to choose a domain and have already done my homework about some good niches what Mark suggested.
But .com is almost not available. So I have to stick with .nl or .be
Is that a good idea when i'm going to use Affilojetpacks or must i translate everything in dutch?
Because .be and .nl will not be good for international traffic I think.
Keep up the good work here.
Thx for Affilorama and the free lessons I'm almost done with it.

Ingrid and Bruno
jay3
Trust:
ingrid.vanlinden wrote:Hi guys I'm wondering about choosing the right domains. When I will buy the Jetpacks I have to choose a domain and have already done my homework about some good niches what Mark suggested.
But .com is almost not available. So I have to stick with .nl or .be
Is that a good idea when i'm going to use Affilojetpacks or must i translate everything in dutch?
Because .be and .nl will not be good for international traffic I think.
Keep up the good work here.
Thx for Affilorama and the free lessons I'm almost done with it.

Ingrid and Bruno

Hey Ingrid & Bruno,

I'd stick with .com, .net and .org if you're targeting international traffic.

What i normally do is check the current rankings for a keyword and if they're all .com and .net for example, i go for a .org.

This is to make the site stick out when it does get ranked - Kind of like putting a banana in a basket of oranges ;-)

You can also get away with adding a small suffix to the end of the domain even if the .com is taken.

Example:
If your keyword is mycoolwebsite and mycoolwebsite.com is taken than try going for mycoolwebsiteinfo.com, mycoolwebsitehq.com etc.

Normally works pretty well and you still have your keyword in the domain :-)

Cheers,
Jay
Another Awe$ome Online Community And I've Managed To Get You In For $7 - http://www.btf2012.com/they-laughed-until.php

This topic was started on Jun 23, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.