Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

A story for new affiliate marketers

wollowra
Trust:

A story for new affiliate marketers

Hi Mark and members.

I have been following Mark now for a year or so.

He is one of the people online I do trust.

I was a member of Wealthy Affiliate, PPCC2, stompernet etc.. etc.. and have pretty good knowledge on adwords and affiliate marketing...
But when I started out this is what I felt...

1. I felt overwhelmed by the direction to take.
also
2. My wallet was getting thinner with all the ummm "Stuff" I was buying or membership site subscriptions.

Even Mark himself pushed products at us... and that is fine.. he is a marketer after all.

But I kept thinking, How many products and courses can one person buy???
Seriously.

My brain was about to explode.
I felt I had alot of knowledge but I was scared to implement it...
as I had depleted alot of my funds.

What should I do?
Do I just listen to Mark and stay a Affilorama Premium member and delete all my other memberships?

I was excited with the possibilities of IM but sad at the same time as I didn't know who to follow or
where to start.
Then Mark brings out yet another ( Great ) looking product Affiloblueprint...
I asked myself...Is this yet again, something I should get... and boy am I tempted let me tell you...
It looks great..
I need to get My wife home from work ( She is miserable ) and this is the only way I know Of making
a better life for ourselves.

Well I now know that Mark is the one to follow and learn from.
I will make mistakes but that is part of learning.
Just Learn, test and DO. Take action.

Kind Regards

Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
I think this is a problem that a LOT of people have... particularly since you're digging around trying to find more information and everyone is telling you to do THIS and THAT and, above all, to hand over your money.

This is kind of what AffiloBlueprint is about, and what it's trying to solve. It's saying "switch off your brain, stop looking at alternatives, and just follow this one system which really works." I work for these guys, so you might think me biased. But I've also got ethics and I wouldn't pimp a product if I didn't think it would actually help. The real benefit in this product is that it's not telling you to do things you don't need to do just yet, it just gives you things to do each week (just like homework) and you don't need to stress about anything else. Just do the homework and you'll be on track. And I think that's probably what you need ;)

That said, I think the real lesson you need to learn is to just find a plan and follow it, and stop being distracted by every little product or idea that comes out. (Seems ironic that I'm saying that after talking about AffiloBlueprint... ) There's plenty of time to learn about the various creative ways of running an affiliate business once you're actually earning money. Plenty of time to listen to X Guru and Y Guru and their various sneaky methods. You don't NEED AffiloBlueprint to do this yourself, but you do need the discipline to choose a model and stick with it. You could try this one (briefly)...

Find a good niche.
Create an article site based on strong keywords and the needs of the market.
Add product reviews.
Do some SEO to get some traffic coming in.
Add onto that a good quality newsletter list, so you're getting the most out of your traffic by continuing to promote to them.
Make sure you're getting links.
Then when you're feeling confident you can start promoting things with PPC.

There are a lot of affiliate sites out there like this, because this works. This is a basic version of what Mark does in AffiloBlueprint, but he goes into more detail, and has some wily tricks ;) You can use the free lessons in Affilorama to learn what you need to learn, if you don't want to buy AffiloBlueprint. The key is to not get distracted, not lose confidence, and just keep going.

Incidentally, Mark mentioned on the weekend that the site he built for the AffiloBlueprint course is very close to having it's first $1000 day (EDIT: Ok, need to check this fact. I might have had a wine or two at this point! DOUBLE EDIT: Ok, so it was $1000/week. That'll teach me to drink and talk shop!). The aim of the Blueprint is to get you earning $50 - $200 per week from your site, and then you just need to replicate the process... but there's evidently potential to go even further.

(Isn't it infuriating when these guys tell you what they earn, and say it like it's no big deal? I'd certainly like $1000/day!)
Last edited by aletta on 18 Nov 08 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Aletta,
Thanks for your insights.
Good advice and level headed.
Your on Mark's staff and you don't earn $1000 a day?
You have THE master right there and you have not had a $1000 day.
What's holding you up? lol C'mon Girl.. lol

I can help aletta, Mark is bringing out Afilloblueprint...
Maybe you should sign up...lol :)
It comes highly recommended by the moderaters. lol

Thanks again.

P.S How about a nice spell checker on the forum when we post?

-- Robert Brault

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Honestly I think my life would be far too boring with that kind of money. I could buy a fancy van that I didn't have to fix up in my garage, and where would the fun be in that? Where's the fun in electric windows that work?

(I guess it's like the hairdresser with terrible hair, or the mechanic who drives an old bomb. You never want to do what you do all day at work.)

PS: I've got spellcheck... little red dotty lines sitting right this moment under the word "spellcheck". Perhaps it's a fancy Firefox thing. Just one reason why Firefox users are smarter -- or at least they LOOK smarter!
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

wollowra
Trust:
OK OK...

I must say.. it sort of kicks IE's butt.
I just wish 100% of sites were optimised for FF.
Ah, well.. looks like I will just have to swap back and forth now..
:)
Troy

-- Robert Brault

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
The new versions of IE aren't too bad. Just so long as you're not using IE6 or earlier... gah! IE6 causes us so many headaches here, cos NOTHING works in it, but 25% of the internet-going public still use it.

Rant, rant, rant. Just make sure that when you build your sites you test them in Firefox as well as IE. (But not IE6... cos that will make your brain explode.)

evobilly
Trust:
cheers aletta some good advice ;) i really want to get that affiloblueprint but due to family and xmas and cars to fix i think its out of the budget so i hope i can work out the way to do things with out it and maybe look at geting it next year when and if it get re-relised
what sort of van are you working on and what you doing to it?
billy
For the best guide to sell physcal products as a affiliate check out Matt Carters Rapid Profit Formula http://online-income-masters.com/getrapidprofitformula.php

If your having trouble re-writing your articles i recommend checking out this tool to make it quick and easy http://goto2.com/rewriter

If you want to outsource your articles this place seems to be good value and easy to deal with, and its free to sign up they offer a 100% American writing team http://bit.ly/bhv4Fu

ninjanewbie
Trust:
Man, if I had you guys when I first got started (a couple of months ago) I would be much further a long by now. To be honest
I done much of the same thing, my hard drive is almost full with ebooks, reports, courses, plr..blah,blah,blah.I could barely keep with all the paid subscriptions for newsletters (that sucked by the way) and other recurring charges on my credit card. All because I thought I was Doing the right thing except that nothing was really being implemented. Now that has changed, since finding Affilorama I am actually making progress. I must say that I found out about Affilorama in one of the 3 other IM forums I belong to and I have participated here more than in the others combined twice over. Why? because I genuinely feel at home here and like I can really trust you guys, that's real big for a guy like me. So as far as I'm concerned, if you are reading this post you have arrived. Now let's get busy or as we like to say around here "Git jiggy wit it!"

ninja newbie
Blogging tips,tricks & resources for newbies-http://terryhenry.wordpress.com Now you can learn from the most successful bloggers on the net, all in one place.

Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
NinjaNewbie: Warm fuzzies all round! Lots of other sites out there are really useful, just try to stay focused until you actually see the cash coming in, like I said. It's too easy to flit around between different opportunities, and you never get anywhere.

EvoBilly: No hijacking the thread with van talk! (But it's an 88 LiteAce FXV. I've fixed power steering pump, replaced P/S return hose, done air filter, oil and oil filter, need to fix a honker of a transmission leak, adjust door hinges, new tailgate, re-key, fix passenger side electric window aaaaaaand... there's a bit of surface rust too. But the inside is all pimped out with camping setup and looking pretty fine! :)

evobilly
Trust:
hehehe didn't mean to hijack the thread
cheers billy
For the best guide to sell physcal products as a affiliate check out Matt Carters Rapid Profit Formula http://online-income-masters.com/getrapidprofitformula.php

If your having trouble re-writing your articles i recommend checking out this tool to make it quick and easy http://goto2.com/rewriter

If you want to outsource your articles this place seems to be good value and easy to deal with, and its free to sign up they offer a 100% American writing team http://bit.ly/bhv4Fu

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hey Guys,

Just reading through this thread and I do know where you are coming from with information overload.

Back in the day when I did start buying info products (about 3 years after I actually started), I was buying so many it was like an addiction. I think I have spent at least $50k on info products over the last few years.

But there is a little difference with me. Most info products that I've purchased, well at least half of them, have had a significant impact on my business. I've been able to use what I learn and I think that is the problem with some of you. If you buy a few good info products, you should be earning hundreds a week already, then the next product you buy should help you earn more and so on.

Very soon info products seem very in expensive and just part of running and growing your business (an investment).

However, you shouldn't have a stack of them and still be struggling to make ends meet.

That's a sign that you either are buying bad info products, or aren't implementing them effectively.

I figured out reasonably early on that when it comes to buying info products, that I'm usually the guy who will get the most out of it out of all the customers. I looked at John Reese's traffic secrets 1.0 back in the day and thought, man that's $1000, that's a rediculously high amount of money. But I did buy it and I'd have to say that I'd be one of the few who really used it to full effect. It's hard for me to say how much I made out of what I learnt there, but I'm sure my income at least doubled that year. Lots of guys learnt it all in 'theory', but I was one of those guys who didn't settle for having the knowledge. My goal is to use it and use it as quickly and as effectively as I can.

Otherwise you forget what you learn and you don't use it.

You need to foster a mindset of action and making sure you implement what you learn. Don't procrastinate. Write down your goals and targets and see them every day and make sure you move closer to them each day. Don't move further away by adding more tasks than you can handle.

I know I'm rambling here. I'm just saying that you need to spend more time implementing what you learn. And to do that you need to develop a solid overall picture of what your plan for success is. And you should try not to add too much to your plan as you want it to be simple rinse and repeat type model.

Perhaps Affiloblueprint will be that plan, perhaps it doesn't fit into your plan, if it doesn't perhaps there are some great free lessons here at affilorama that will help you.

The MOST IMPORTANT thing that you can do for yourself right now is to write up a blueprint for yourself, include checkboxes next to each task. And follow it through to completion.

Don't keep putting up unfinished sites. And don't create low quality sites either. It pays not to be lazy.

Just focus on teaching yourself to spend your time wisely and by that I mean by spending more time implementing your plan than shopping for opportunities.

Yes I do have offers in my emails that you get from me, but of course I don't expect you to buy all of them. There are thousands of people on my list. Some of the products I recommend will be perfect for you and will help you in your business, others won't be, but will be perfect for other people on my list. Some people like me who are further ahead in their online businesses will be able to make use of more products because they have more resources and more ability to implement more stuff.

The thing is that you need to pick and choose what is right for you and get it when the time is right that you can use it (not when it is going to gather dust till some magical time in the future when you have time).

Anyway, that's my 2 cents, I'm tired, it's 2:26am here and I've been up working on this launch so I hope I don't sound too brash here, I'm just tired :)

I wish you all much success.

Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

evobilly
Trust:
well said Mark this part seems to sound bout right i seem to write my goals and the next day look at them and think it would be better if i do this instead and change it again and again hehehehe but never seem to get anywere so now ive decided to choose my goal keep it plan and simple and stick to it till its done before looking at changes or things to add in

MarkLing wrote:Hey Guys,

You need to foster a mindset of action and making sure you implement what you learn. Don't procrastinate. Write down your goals and targets and see them every day and make sure you move closer to them each day. Don't move further away by adding more tasks than you can handle.

Mark

cheers billy

beemer5
Trust:
this a great post here,i have learned a lot from it.i fall right in on buying this,buying that,is this one the best or is it that other one?im new here and found the talk hear to be great and helpful to me.im guilty of trying to learn a bunch of thing's and then when i go back to use them ,i am at step one again.makes a lot of sence learn one thing and then take action on it,get good with it and then move on.really enjoyed the talk here.thank's,beemer
beemer5
Trust:
just have a quick question,if you like a post written here and want to go back to it,is there a way i can bookmark it in this program and then just click on it and read it again.thank's,beemer
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Beemer,
You can just save the page link to your desktop or favourites.
EG: File, Send, Shortcut to desktop
or just save to favourites.
:)
T

-- Robert Brault

beemer5
Trust:
thank you tt,just wondering i have a favorites tab at the top of the program here,just not sure if i can put it in there,if i can not sure how?beemer
wollowra
Trust:
I think you really need to learn how to create shortcuts to your desktop and
then save them in appropriate folders.
Here is a good tutorial.

To do this you either
1. go to file, send, then shortcut to desktop.
This will place an Icon on your desktop.
You can then cut and paste these to any folder you like on your PC.

or

2. Save site to your favourites list.
Go to favourites and add to favourites.

Personally, I prefer option 1 as I can save any related sites
in a PC folder.
I have all my Affilorama related stuff in 1 folder.

Now.. if this is too technical for you.
You will need to brush up on your PC skills.
Therew are heaps of free tutorials online in Google.com

T

-- Robert Brault