Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

A quote on 'market saturation' that people will appreciate..

seanw1984
Trust:

A quote on 'market saturation' that people will appreciate..

Hey guys and girls..

Am reading a book at the mo by a guy named Gary Vaynerchuk, called "Crush IT"

He turned a wine store from 4mill per year to 60 mill per year in 5 years!!

Here is the quote:
"To everyone who is freaking because they fear the noise and distraction of
all the additional content on the Internet, you can relax.Quality is a tremendous
filter. Cream always rises, my friends. No matter how many cups of coffee you
pour"

Awesome quote for anyone worried about 'market saturation'. It doesn't exist, for quality content!

Regards
Sean
Last edited by michellerana on 08 Dec 09 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

Chase two rabbits and both will escape... - Chinese Proverb

jcdean
Trust:
I agree.

I think Google will continue to improve the way in which it indexes sites.

Those that strive for quality will be sitting in the cat bird seat.
Respect,
J.C. Dean
http://KillYourDayjob.com

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Everything you do should focus on providing quality to your visitors. if more people did that, we might have to worry. great quote thank you for sharing it.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

mack45
Trust:
Hi great point I am still worried but I still agree. My biggest worry was could I do this with little education and I have now made sales. I also have written Ezine articles and my sales promotion letters are looking better than some I paid fifteen dollars for.I think hard work pays as long as you do not quit.
Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to coach.mackaybruce@hotmail.com

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Just to give a little perspective on "saturation", take a look around you in the offline world. Odds are that you have a Burger King, McDonalds, Whataburger and or Sonic somewhere within easy driving distance. But you can often find a "mom and pop" type place not too far away that's also doing great business that might have only opened up a couple of years ago.

Or you might have a Subway or Quiznos close by. And probably about 2 or 3 other sandwich shops that are locally owned.

Or STarbucks...

Or Walmart, Target, Macy's, Sears, etc...

Every market you can think of, you can find a way of looking at it that makes it look "saturated", and find someone who's come along and proven that it's not.

The myth with saturation is that it neglects to account for changing needs, desires, wants, expectations, technology advances, population growth, and many other factors. The ones who truly look can find some way to overcome this perceived saturation become the true winners.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
TRue Grady. What makes a market too hard is trying to be like everyone else. Find your own unique selling point. What makes you different from everyone else. That will make you stand out, and your business will grow. Many people think that the IM niche is "saturated" but if you take time to look, there are even untapped portions of that market just waiting for someone to fill.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

esolutions
Trust:
Jcdean, is the cat bird seat a good thing? Lol:)
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

thenewb
Trust:
Good thread, but I just want to be the devils advocate and point out the fact that if you do find an untapped niche, you can make alot of money really fast and easy.

Having said that, it is always short lived as other ppl can easily see what you are doing on the internet and copy you. So I would have to agree that creating something of high quality is the best long term strategy.

But it is still nice to occasionaly come up on that untapped market online... they are growing fewer and further inbetween as the internet matures, but there are some still out there I think and as long as we are paying attention, working hard, and studying, we will be available to notice and take advantage of one of these opportunities when it falls in our lap.

I have been caught in one of these tornadoes before and it is exhilerating!!

Hey jmpritt... what does IM stand for?
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
IM is Internet Marketing

grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

This topic was started on Dec 07, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.