Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

"A kittle Knowledge is a Dangerous thing...."

morgrim
Trust:

"A kittle Knowledge is a Dangerous thing...."

......and I'm suffering for it!!!

Can anyone help? I've dabbled in IM for a little while, but suffered from the usual "information overload", as described by Mark on his sales page.

I bought into Affilio Blueprint as it promises to be just that - a blueprint to follow, tying everything together and ending eith a complete website.

On my journey so far I've picked up a number of SEO and keyword tools - Adword Analyser, Micro Niche Finder, etc. etc

What I don't understand is, whilst we want keywords with 1500+ searches, there seem to be very few with more than 2 keywords.

One tool I use will allow you to enter the min number of searches you want per keyword, with the SEOC and SEOT - in other words it will return keywords with a certain minimum search volume AND a maximum SEO competition, so you don't end up with keywords that have high traffic, but are impossible to compete with.

My question is this, in the past I've concentrated on article marketing. This has involved finding LOW COMPETITION keywords. Problem is, these tend to also have low search volumes, <600 searches, BUT are long tails. When searching for keywords with 1500 searches+, I'm having a hard time finding any long tails.

I don't want to sound like a smart arse here - I'm not (see title), It's just that I'm at video 1.3 and don't want to research loads of keywords, only to find the search volume is fine, but the strength of competition is too high.

or should I just use Traffic travis?

Wouls love Mark's opinion, as the tool I'm quoting above cost me a lot of money and I'd like to use it!!!!!

Sorry to rabbit on

Nigel
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your post.

Firstly, I said that 1500 is a rule of thumb that I look at for half my articles (not all my articles). Also I don't know what you mean when you say that most niches only have 2 keyword phrases with a monthly search volume of 1500 (note that 1500/month in google is 50/day in traffic travis as traffic travis measures daily, not monthly).

Also, if you struggle to find 1500, you can simply put up 5 articles on your site instead of 1 and target keywords with a monthly search count of 500. You'd have to create more content this way, but it will have the same overall effect.

Is the problem that you are looking at traffic travis and seeing the count there and not realizing that it is daily (not monthly like the google keyword tool)?
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

PremiumMember
avidpoet
Trust:
Oh ok that clear things up for me. I was wondering why I couldnt find many 1500 searches using Traffic Travis I was thinking the results were monthly.
affiliatedon
Trust:
so mark
you recommend over 1500 for keyword searches but what is the cut off point where you wouldn't
use a keyword phrase because it has high volume which means a lot of competition
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I've just finished recording a video lesson explaining this in further detail. I didn't want to have you be bothered with 'analysis paralysis' as competition usually doesn't bother me too much, it is better to get your site online and start tweaking it if necessary than to be stuck in the mud with keyword research. I rank for several thousands of keywords in the search engines, many of which others would have told me I could not rank highly for. Anyway I have a new video coming monday which explains all of this.

I think that other people will have taught you stuff to do with analyzing your competition, which while is valid, might slow you down in actually getting moving. The biggest mistake I see affiliates making is not actually getting their websites online and fully functional.

By sticking to a minimum of 3 words per phrase you will find that over 70% of those kinds of phrases do not have too much competition anyway. And a large proportion of the other 30% just requires more work, but is still 'do-able'.

Anyway due to popular request I have a new video coming monday which addresses all of this and more.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

affiliatedon
Trust:
Thanks Mark
I am not trying to over think it, I want to get my site up and going as soon as possible. I have picked a popular niche that gets a lot of traffic. I plan on stepping in front of that traffic and having a red hot go at it;)
morgrim
Trust:
Thanks Mark,

I was working in my car at the time and the sun (yes it does shine sometimes in the UK!!!) was starting to fry my brain - I've got it now thanks!

Nigel
jjperkins
Trust:
Just had a quick look around for this new video on keyword competition, and can't find it.
Does anybody have a link please?
Cheers, J & J

auscast
Trust:
I'd like to know when the new video will be released, It doesn't seem to be live.

This topic was started on May 08, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.