Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

A bit of information overload..

nelsencaleb
Trust:

A bit of information overload..

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of information overload right now. Should I take a break until I can get my head cleared? Is there some reading material you'd suggest.

Caleb
Hi! I'm super friendly! Message me if you like!
Relationship Website: http://www.weneedeachother.org
Free SEO: http://www.goodinternetmarketing.com/?post_type=sqz-page&p=11

myonlinetraininghub
Trust:
if you want a complete break from internet marketing overload, try a book called 'Touching the Void'. i just finished it and it made me cry. 2 mountaineers, an accident, incredible story about the struggle for survival on a freezing mountain top

or you could just pick one thing in your business and focus on it, shut off everything else. just get 1 thing done, then move on to the next.

there's so much noise it is overwhelming, i'm sure we all know what its like

Phil
Phil
Free Microsoft Office Online Training
http://www.MyOnlineTrainingHub.com

borry
Trust:
Hi Caleb

I know exactly how you're feeling. I feel very overwhelmed with all the information that I've been reading so far. I've decided to do exactly what Phil said..focus on one thing. I have 4 niche ideas in mind and was doing research on all simultaneoulsy then decided to just focus on one. In the past 7 days, I have managed to find good keywords related to that niche, come up with a good domain name, typed website content and created my freebie report. I now need to build my website, sing up for an autoresponder and then do SEO and other methods to get good traffic. I feel much better. I'm quite proud of the freebie report I created...I took a mixture of content from websites and local magazines and I also spoke to people that I know that are looking for a solution to this particular problem to get their persepctive on it. I hope this helps. Phil.....am I on the right track here? Thanks and good luck Caleb, hang in there....we'll be laughing about this one day when we're really good at it. Belinda
myonlinetraininghub
Trust:
yeah, focus. decide what is important and make a list of those things. prioritise them and then get them done 1 by 1. I find that if I split my efforts over different niches/areas/projects then I feel like I am making slow progress on all of them. but by just working on 1 at a time the sense of accomplishment is far greater as you can see the area you are working on develop into something.

it doesn't hurt to allow yourself some free time to indulge in some noise though. with all the information that is being thrown around, some of it must be good :) just don't get dragged into it too much.
Phil
Free Microsoft Office Online Training
http://www.MyOnlineTrainingHub.com

nelsencaleb
Trust:
Thanks, good advice. Does that book you mentioned cost money? I don't have much lol.

Borry, you really did help me a lot. You won't believe all the keywords I found for a niche. You helped me make my first website owned sale. I've made sales within forums before, but not with a website! I found some decent keywords, found some statistics, and made 20 backlinks. bam. Thanks a lot friend.

Sincerely,

Caleb
Hi! I'm super friendly! Message me if you like!
Relationship Website: http://www.weneedeachother.org
Free SEO: http://www.goodinternetmarketing.com/?post_type=sqz-page&p=11

z_d_marketing
Trust:
Hi Caleb,

I know what you mean about information overload! When i first started I set out to learn everything I could about any and every internet marketing strategy out there. In the end I knew a lot but I never got anything done because I spent so much time learning!

I would suggest take a break from it all for a few days. I do it with any area of my life where I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall or if there is too much info in there! A break of a few days helps to clear your mind, and often gives me time to process, which leads to new ideas!

Dan
Affiliate Marketing Secrets Revealed
Are YOU interested in Affiliate Marketing but have not idea where to START? Discover how to Create Your First Website
www.gurusharesmarketingsecrets.com

PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Sometimes you just need to give yourself a break if you've been working nonstop on your site. I usually take a few hours break by watching movies which do not require me to think (so no movies with Leonardo DiCaprio :). After which, I can go back to work with a clear head.
michael025
Trust:
Yeah, don't worry, a lot of people(myself included), can see where you're coming from : ) ....it's normal to start losing your concentration after a period of time, so if you feel that you're brain can't take anymore, take a break(in my case a 10 minute smoke break), get yourself a distraction and have fun.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hey Caleb, I know how you feel. it can get really tough from time to time. Just keep at it, and you will start seeing progress.

It takes self discipline and a lot of work, but once you get going and can outsource, it gets a whole lot easier.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

sunil
Trust:
Paralysis Analysis! This is the term they use in the IM world for information overload. I agree with some who have mentioned above here about taking a break from it. I end up wasting time reading and learning more than actually putting it into effect.

Therein lies another problem. You forget what you have learnt. Too much information starts coming in your way, that you are not able to implement them along the way. You simply get carried away and then when you want to turn back, you are completely lost.

Sometimes to do certain things are actually much more easier than what those 'experts' or 'gurus' claim to be. You, see, they don't probably want you to excel and just make life in the IM world difficult enough for you so as to rely on them for your help. And if you need help, you need to pay them. That's how some system works.

Focus is a very important word. Once you lose it, you will get lost. Before you want to embark on achieving something, I reckon you close your facebook, twitter, emails and other stuff that could distract you. Then just get things started. Yes, as an affiliate, the first thing you really need to do is some intense keyword research. You seriously need to get this right before you embark on your affiliate marketing.

There are many ways to do it, and that itself can confuse you. You can really look into the ways Mark Ling, Matt Carter and Sara Young do them. Just stick to one of them and you will be fine.
info355
Trust:
My advice would be not to get youself into a situation where you want to read too much information in a short period of time. It will cause you to read a lot but you are not actually really understanding what you're reading.
Take your time and archive well what you read and want to read.
UK Print Factory | Making high quality printing affordable
Web: www.ukprintfactory.co.uk | Affiliate program: www.ukprintfactory.co.uk/affiliates

This topic was started on Oct 01, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.