Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

95% of online marketers fail

vigour
Posts: 1
Joined: 04 May 09
Trust:

95% of online marketers fail

I received yet another email (I get around six every day from people who can each show me how to make a fortune by internet marketing). This led to the following thoughts...

Seems that the theory 'the longer mailer the more chance of success' still rules, I still believe time will prove that to be wrong. I have a number of friends all wishing to make a success of internet trading. We are all of the same opinion now; Yes we accept there is money to ethically be made and of course many people are successfully doing just that, however the endless pages that go on and on basically saying the same things and always finishing on a long list of extras, then more extras, then bonus offers and often a number purporting to be the number of copies they will sell, either ever or at the special price etc. etc., you've all seen them. That is the equivalent of the old face to face 'hard sell' salespeople that some of you at least, may remember. (Mayve a purveyor of meat from the back of his van?); suffice to say they're mostly gone now because the hard sell ultimately doesn't work.

We would far rather read something like - If you really want to create a successful internet business email me /or give me a call etc. Unfortunately it seems to us that the sole idea of all the endlessly long emails is to get an email address (which is often - mostly? sold on to others) and the largest proportion of the very successful internet marketeers make their money by selling 'How to's' to people like us rather than doing what they preach. Why else, logically, would anyone sell their ideas and give away their business secrets to create countless competitors?

I was emailed recently by a philanthropic (?) wildly successful internet marketer who stated that 95% of all who try to make their fortune from internet trading will fail because they fail to take action. Maybe, but we are well on the way to believing that the real reason for this is that the 5% who are successful, make the bulk of their fortune by selling 'can't fail courses, etc., to us, the other 95%!

Now we'd like your comments on this but first I'd like to tell you a little about me. I hope this will lead to thoughtful comments from you and not lead you to think I am a negative person.

I am a Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and have spent many years of my life travelling round the country delivering speeches on marketing and positive thinking,. including P.M.A and NLP.

I and We, would all love to be wrong about the comments above and we're sure that out there are a great many people making a lot of money from internet trading but... Any comments?

Vigour
  • 0
vqaa
Posts: 201
Joined: 24 Apr 09
Trust:
Maybe that 5% are taking action in their field, if you could get a number of people a day to read one email (on any subject) you would not be in the 95%
Even if you received " If you really want to create a successful internet business email me /or give me a call " ( Mark does that and shows you how) you will still have to do something about it

Tell me if you think I am wrong but this does seem negative and looking for the easy way to make money. Are you talking about the moral issues with net marketing

Human nature I guess but I would guarantee that if I showed a way to be successful with earning money, the vast majority would fail or fail to act. So there is not much competition generated really
What the marketers are doing works always has and always will the history books prove that

You would well know that of all the people you have delivered speeches to very few carry on to so called monetary success

A fortune is relative, is it a million dollars, a happy family life, helping the poor ?

A bit about me, the main reason I wish to earn an independent income from the net is so that I can help the disadvantaged from my wife's country which is full of corruption and give an opportunity to the men and women to provide for their families, this is a fortune in their eyes.

I assume the Chartered Institute of Marketing is from the USA and do not know how it operates
When you are travelling round the country delivering speeches on marketing and positive thinking, do you give your advice and time for free to help others succeed. If you do I commend and respect you and would more fully understand your post.


Rod
  • 0
xenopus
Posts: 107
Joined: 09 Apr 09
Trust:
Vigour wrote:..and the largest proportion of the very successful internet marketeers make their money by selling 'How to's' to people like us rather than doing what they preach. Why else, logically, would anyone sell their ideas and give away their business secrets to create countless competitors?

I was emailed recently by a philanthropic (?) wildly successful internet marketer who stated that 95% of all who try to make their fortune from internet trading will fail because they fail to take action. Maybe, but we are well on the way to believing that the real reason for this is that the 5% who are successful, make the bulk of their fortune by selling 'can't fail courses, etc., to us, the other 95%!


Wow.. Welcome to my world Vigour! :)

I just had to quote those 2 paragraphs because that is so very much what I am struggling with from the very beginning. Along with the whole ethical/moral way of working with this whole thing (affiliate marketing).But your topic about the 5% selling their their ideas to us instead of really making money with it themselves, is something that kept me busy from the very first moment I landed on one of these sales pages. That was almost a year ago I think.

We all know the saying "if it was easy , then everyone was doing it".. well, I am getting the feeling that just about everyone IS doing it. Or at least trying to. I wouldn't be surprised if the top earners by now are the guys behind the PLR writing websites.

Anyway, it's an interesting topic to have a discussion about. Although I wonder if this is the right place. ;)

I myself may come across as a negative person. I know that. I even started a little blog to vent my cyincal thoughts, just so I could try and keep them away from this forum.

But I tend to see myself as a realistic person. I just don't trust people who try to sell me something. ;) That said I jumped on the Affilorama Blueprint wagon because Mark's site gave away much free, good information. And there comes a point where you just have to make a decision: Keep trusting no one and getting nowhere or start to try trusting someone and believe in that system and perhaps getting somewhere! I chose the last option so now I'm here. Ready or not.. ;)
  • 0
For a sceptical view on things:
 
PremiumMember
nbtvbaffilo
Posts: 3
Joined: 29 Apr 09
Trust:
I too am a MCIM and was heartened to see your comments, which I don't see as negative at all. You seem quite rightly to be merely questioning what has become an almost universal approach adopted by "list holders".
There are far too many people out there who fall into a trap of believing what the gurus are telling them, that "you can achieve anything with a positive mental attitude", blindly believing that with PMA you can overcome all obstacles. The fact is, 95% of prospective IM'ers fail, because, regardless of how positive their mental attitude is, they don't do anything.

If I can presume to suggest a sensible approach. You are already on the Affilorama forum. Mark is available and comments often, suggesting (well more than that actually, confirming in my view, also having met him in London) that he is a genuine guy who stands behind his product and what he teaches. Have just a little faith that he is teaching what he has proven to himself works. Give it a try. Even try and fail, and then try again. You won't die from it! As a confirmed gambler, I can tell you right now, your odds of making it with this approach are infinitely higher than with having the most positive mental attitude in the world and never actually trying!

Martin - big fan of Affilo Blueprint!
  • 0

This topic was started on Jun 27, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.

cron