Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

62 visits, 31 hops but no saIes. Is this conversion too low?

tonyguitar
Trust:

62 visits, 31 hops but no saIes. Is this conversion too low?

Hi everyone:

I need your opinions. My site generated 62 visit and and 31 hops last week. But didn't make any sales. It was same thing happened the week before. 50 visit and 26 hops and no sales. Do you think the conversion of merchant's site is too low?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
you dont have anywhere near enough data yet. I dont even think about conversion rates until i see at least 1000 hops. this is because although you may look for say 1% conversions, it is not exact it is an average.
i have sites that go 200-300 hops no sales, then get 3 sales in the next 50 hops.
just keep sending traffic, and get more data to work with. it takes time, but well worth it.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

tonyguitar
Trust:
Thanks for your feedback. James
esolutions
Trust:
Hi Tony,

On one of my sites I get anywhere from 25-30 "hops" a day, however, most days no sales. I still manage to turn a conversion rate every month of somewhere around 1.5%, but like James said, you need more time, more data before you can really know what's going on.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

tonyguitar
Trust:
Thanks esolutions. I guess I need more patience and work hard to get more traffic.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I usually say get to about 1000 hops, if no sales by then, drop it and look for something else. by 1000 hops you should have some sales going.
the hardest one I have tracking is the affilorama link on my blog. i get a lot traffic from here, and I think many people use it to jump back here. like yesterday, had 90 hops on my affilorama link alone. not sure but I think a lot of that is just members.

envyusmedia
Trust:
I would agree with James. You need to keep sending consistent volume the conversions will start to come in.

jmpruitt wrote:you dont have anywhere near enough data yet. I dont even think about conversion rates until i see at least 1000 hops. this is because although you may look for say 1% conversions, it is not exact it is an average.
i have sites that go 200-300 hops no sales, then get 3 sales in the next 50 hops.
just keep sending traffic, and get more data to work with. it takes time, but well worth it.
Brandon
Director of Media Relations
www.envyusmedia.com

PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Yeah, it can be a pretty wide spread. You need more hops to know for sure if your conversion rate is too low.

Personally, I get a sale anywhere from 1 in 25 up to 1 in 360 hops. This is a very irregular business and results are rarely consistent.
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Also, i look at that as hops to one product, not overall hops. like i get 500 hops/ day on one of my accounts, but each product only gets about 30-40 hops, look at the specific products you are promoting.

This topic was started on Jun 07, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.