How do I install Wordpress on my Premium hosting account?
Here's how to install WordPress on your Affilorama Premum Hosting account:
- Log on to your Affilorama account at http://www.affilorama.com. The login form is located on the upper right corner of the home page.
- Once logged in, you will see a list of your Affilorama products and bonuses on the upper right side of the page. Select Premium Hosting from this list.
- Access the control panel by clicking on the "Access" button right next to the domain name to which you want WordPress to be installed. If the domain is not yet listed, please add it first under the Add another domain section.
- On the control panel window, click on the WordPress blog button located below the CGI Script section.
- WordPress will be installed to the public_html by default (same as http://www.yourwebsite.com/). If you want to install WP into a subdirectory (e.g. http://www.yourwebsite.com/myblog), enter your subdirectory name on the Installation Directory field. Otherwise, just leave this field blank.
- Click on the Install Now button to install WordPress. You will see the message Your CGI Script has been installed once WP has been installed. Note: If you encounter the error "There was a problem installing the requested script, verify that the directory to which you are trying to install WP is empty. Use the File Manager tool inside the 'Files' section of the control panel to delete the files inside the installation directory. On the File Manager, select the folder on the left pane to load its content to the right hand pane. Right click on the file to be deleted and then select 'delete' from the drop-down options.
- Click the link to your website below the Installation Complete message.
- You will then see an option to select between Single Site, Multiple (Subdomain) and Multiple (Subdirectory). Select Single from these options unless you want to use WordPress' multisite feature.
- You will be redirected to a page where you can enter the website name, username, password and email address. Complete this form and then click on the "Install WordPress" button to complete the installation process.
- Once installed, preview your website on a separate browser window. Do not forget to secure your Wordpress site by changing the file permission of the wp-config.php to 400.
Need more help? Email us your question.