How do I verify my wordpress site on Yahoo Site Explorer?
Update: Yahoo Site Explorer ceased operating on November 21, 2011 and merged its Site Explorer data into Bing Webmaster Tools. Go here to get the specific instructions for verifying your site on Bing Webmaster Tools.
The wordpress plugin All in One Webmaster lets you verify your website in the respective webmaster tools of top search engines such as Google and Bing (MSN).
To install the All in One Webmaster plugin:
- Log in to your wordpress dashboard.
- Click on Plugins.
- On the Plugins screen, click on Add New.
- On the Install Plugins screen, under the Search tab, enter All in One Webmaster into the Search field, and click Search Plugins.
- On the Search Results page, look for All in One Webmaster and then click Install Now just below it.
- Click OK on the message box that comes up.
- After the plugin has been successfully installed, activate it by clicking Activate Plugin.
To verify your site in Yahoo Site Explorer using the All in One Webmaster plugin:
- In your Yahoo Site Explorer account, click By adding a META tag to my home page.
- It will then give you a code similar to the code below. Copy the value defined for content. Make sure you copy every characters enclosed in the quotation marks.
<META name="y_key" content="21b996a5fc4823e0" />
- In your wordpress dashboard, go to Settings > All In One Webmaster.
- Paste the code you copied earlier from your Bing Webmaster Tools account into the Yahoo Site Explorer field. If you also already have your Google Webmaster Tools and Bing Webmaster Tools codes, enter them into the corresponding fields as well.
- Scroll down and click the Update Options button.
- Go back to your Yahoo Site Explorer account and click on the Ready to Authenticate button.
Need more help? Email us your question.